Senior iOS Developer (Remote - Work from Anywhere)
Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
We’re a fully distributed team of over 150 talented people that work remotely from 40+ countries around the world. We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow.
We are committed to changing the way things are done. To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Risk is inherent in all of our business activities and managing risk well is the responsibility of every Xapien.
Sound risk management enables us to serve our customers and deliver value for our shareholders, and helps make Xapo a great place to work.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position
Work from anywhere!
At Xapo we are building truly cross functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, build and test. You will collaborate closely with your fellow team members from the product, backend, design and QA communities of practice.
As a Senior iOS Developer, you will be responsible for building components of our mobile app that will enable users all over the world to send, spend, save, and receive money and Bitcoin safely and globally. The impact of what you will help develop at Xapo will help people protect their life savings.
If you are a passionate, enthusiastic engineer interested in revolutionizing the world of banking, join us!
Our tech stack includes:
- Latest Swift
- Our own UI Component Library (Mostly SwiftUI, but still we have some UIKit remaining)
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests, UITests
- Swift Package Manager
- Kotlin Multiplatform
- 5+ years’ experience in iOS development Swift.
- SwiftUI experience.
- Experience working with code sharing, pull requests and code reviews (Git).
- Experience working with teams in an agile environment (Jira).
- Passion for clean code where re-usability, testability and readability are a must (SOLID).
- Experience with the tech stack described above.
- A good understanding of software architecture & object-oriented design patterns
- Self-motivated, with initiative and enthusiasm, willing to work with a remote team.
- Great communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in CI/CD (CircleCI), Fastlane and static code quality analytics.
- Experience in BDD.
- Kotlin, including multiplatform, KMM (believe it! — we use it both Android and iOS)
- Open source contributions.
- Experience with Combine
- Experience working with modular architectures
- Experience with Swift Package Manager, Carthage, Cocoapods
- Shipped successful iOS app(s), ideally still available in the App Store
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.