Cape Town, South Africa
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
We’re a fast-growing tech startup building global infrastructure that powers the future of insurance. We're looking for an experienced Project Lead to lead clients through rapid, robust implementations on the Root platform.
You'll be the mission controller, project manager and solution designer for implementation projects. Furthermore, you'll maintain long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with your clients after implementations to help them get the most out of Root.You will be responsible for designing and implementing tailored product solutions on Root, keeping stakeholders informed, ensuring that project launches are on time and within budget, and supporting the client throughout the process.
This full-time role is based at our De Waterkant office in Cape Town, but will be full-remote friendly.
What you'll do
Winning at this role means leading projects from inception to finalisation by using systems and processes to ensure efficient and aligned project delivery at all times. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Planning all projects accurately, keeping them up to date, and communicating them frequently with all stakeholders.
- Identifying, actively managing and communicating all project and implementation risks.
- Holding effective, value-adding, well-structured client meetings.
- Building and sustaining trust with clients by demonstrating our expertise, competence, and positioning as domain experts.
- Working with our clients to develop and launch their insurance products on Root and consistently steer them towards adopting Root-aligned practice.
- Ensuring a smooth and effective experience for clients and building strong Root evangelists.
- Effectively conceptualising solutions that are designed with rapid, speed-to-market and effective systems integration, using the existing Root-rails.
- Project Leads work closely with internal teams and external contractors to ensure Root and the client have a clear, holistic systems understanding prior to and during launch, and that low risk and low maintenance solutions are implemented.
- Projects are delivered on time and within budget, and clients are accurately billed at project milestones and monthly.
- Client support queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Documenting technical requirements to capture product specifications.
- Thoroughly testing implementations to ensure that clients have seamless and error-free product launches.
- Creating training content and facilitating training workshops with clients.
- Project metrics and financial controls are tracked continuously.
- As the primary contact-point for clients, you'll discern and clearly articulate their pain-points to the team.
- Client solution-related queries are understood, prioritised and solved.
We're looking for someone with
Core requirements to perform responsibilities:
- A bachelor's degree in any field.
- 5+ years of professional working experience.
- Solid experience and background analysing business requirements, researching solutions, and driving end-to-end project implementations.
- Experience collaborating with customers to capture, guide and define business requirements and translate business requirements into a working solution.
- Rapidly prototype and test a solution to a problem.
- Able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience with a project management tool (eg. JIRA).
- Experience using software/web development tooling (eg. text editors, Git version control).
- Good understanding of basic data models (e.g. the purpose of primary keys).
- Good understanding of APIs and software integration.
- Able to manage personal time, output, and energy well, and comfortable working under pressure.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- A working value of high confidence and low ego.
- Great interpersonal skills and can build trust and confidence with others.
- High attention to detail.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Software Development experience.
- Experience working in the insurance industry.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Who we are
Our mission is to enable innovation in insurance by building the infrastructure required to reach the future of insurance. We are striving to be the global API standard for insurance.
We show up for our mission by:
- Taking ownership to the extreme.
- Moving fast and shipping things.
- Starting with Why.
- Assuming good intent.
- Keeping things transparent - we are open with others and ourselves.
- Keeping it simple.
- Learning fast and deep.
- Not reinventing the wheel.
We pride ourselves on:
- Having low ego - we are humble, self aware & respectful.
- Being empathetic and showing compassion.
- Staying adaptable - we are innately curious and constantly learning and changing.
- Being remarkable - we are resourceful and effective.
How we enable success
Our team is made up of smart, passionate, and kind individuals working together to build a world-class business. We take the time to develop personal relationships with each other. Over and above daily team lunches, we do frequent team outings and ad-hoc adventures (when global pandemics permit!).
We create and enable an environment for people to do their best work. To support this, we focus on a culture of autonomy, transparency and trust. As a startup, we care a lot about innovation, and believe in an iterative way of working to drive innovation forward. We encourage each other and foster a working culture of sharing early versions of our work and implementing feedback fast.
Why join us?
We have ambitious goals. Our mission is to power innovators in insurance, globally, and we’re well on our way there. You’ll join at a very exciting part of the journey, and your contribution over the next few years will directly and visibly impact Root’s global success. Our team is incredibly friendly and collaborative. If you care about solving challenging problems with people you enjoy being around, this is the place for you.
Root has an inclusive culture. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and introduce their skill set to us. Open positions at Root are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.