Senior Frontend Engineer
We believe access to stable money is a human right. Almost two billion people around the world don't have a safe place to store their money or are excluded from financial services such as payments and credit. Struggles with inflationary currencies prevent families and communities from building basic economic security. To help solve this, we created the Reserve Protocol, a free, permissionless platform on the Ethereum mainnet and Base L2 to build, deploy and govern asset-backed currencies referred to as “RTokens.” RTokens are always 1:1 asset-backed, allowing for permissionless minting and redeeming on-chain by users without the need for any middlemen. RTokens are over-collateralized and by default governed independently by RSR stakers in a fully decentralized manner.
We are actively expanding to new verticals and regions, and would love to explore if you could be a fit for our team! More information on our mission and the people behind it can be found here.
We are looking for an experienced front end engineer to join our small, but growing, protocol engineering team. You’d be working with oracles, on-chain auctions, and governance alongside engineers with experience deploying smart contracts. We also need to follow the quickly developing Ethereum layer two / side-chain space and make a key choice about which one to support in our consumer app. Users need to be able to hold their own private keys and make quick, cheap transactions, without unacceptable reduction in security and decentralization.
- React + TypeScript
- WAGMI + viem
- State Management with jotai
- Create user experiences with an eye towards performance and ease-of-use
- Build reusable components, write end-to-end tests, and continually raise the code quality and developer experience bar
- Build web and mobile-friendly experiences
- Senior-level ability to write well-tested and performant code in React and Typescript. The “best” tech stack in this industry changes often so being open to learning new tech is a must!
- A security-first mindset, our security standards are extreme.
- A strong command of the English language.
- A schedule that can accommodate being online for most of a typical US workday - we are flexible on location though!
- Familiarity with the web3 frontend stack.
- Production-level experience at a Web3/Defi startup, or deep immersion as an end user.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of stable money, helping people around the world access a safe and transparent financial system.
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- Compensation: Competitive salary + token grant.
- Stability: We have significant funding and a long financial runway.
- Purpose: Reserve helps people beat hyperinflation, and aims to eradicate it entirely.