Strategy Intern (Undergraduate)
Magic simplifies web3 onboarding by providing the most simple solution to access its endless benefits. We help businesses of all sizes build trusted customer relationships like never before.
Magic has seen incredible traction since its founding in 2018, with year-over-year growth exceeding 300%. To date, we’ve created over 25 million wallets in partnership with leading brands like Mattel, Macy’s, 7-Eleven, Beam Suntory, Animoca Brands, Immutable, Xsolla, WalletConnect, and Magic Eden. We’ve also raised over $80M from notable investors such as Paypal Ventures, Tiger Global, Northzone, Placeholder, Cherubic, Lightspeed Ventures, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
We strive to bring a wallet to every internet user – and our team is full of entrepreneurial innovators that are passionate about this mission. Joining Magic means partnering with the best minds in web3 to accomplish our shared goal. In turn, we provide all the support necessary to perform at your highest, from a collaborative culture, opportunity to make a real impact, and the best-in-class benefits.
If you are excited to onboard the next billion users to web3, let’s chat!
Magic is looking for a Strategy Intern to drive key insights into our strategy and growth roadmap. This person will partner with the Senior Director of Strategy & Growth and the broader cross-functional team to drive various strategic initiatives and create lasting impact. This is a great role for someone who wants to learn how a growing startup scales. The ideal candidate will be able to serve as a thought partner in crafting strategy as well as skilled at building out and executing a delivery plan.
- Identify, scope, and execute upon strategic initiatives to drive growth.
- Work in close partnership with a cross-functional team to advance key business priorities.
- Communicate key insights to your manager, the Sr. Director of Growth and Strategy, in a timely and organized manner.
- Contribute to broader corporate initiatives both on an on-going and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Create materials to communicate key messages vertically to executives and horizontally across the organization.
- Working towards a BA/BS degree at a reputable university
- Familiarity with Google Workplace office suite, particularly Docs and Slides
- Concise communication: Able to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Practical business understanding with genuine passion for technology, big data, and/or entrepreneurship.
- Proactive: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- A team player who works collaboratively and effectively across a diverse set of functions, backgrounds, and working styles
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment and strong product intuition
- Comprehensive Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible Health and Dependent Care FSAs
- Supportive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Fully remote team with adaptable work hours
- Competitive compensation with stock option opportunities
- Unlimited vacation days
- Platinum-tier Health, Vision, and Dental coverage with 99% premium coverage
- Inclusive 401(k) offering
- Premium equipment for your professional needs
- Monthly stipend of $300 for home workspace enhancements and ongoing learning
- Generous 16-week paid parental leave
- Family planning resources with a $5,000 lifetime reimbursement via Maven
- Memorable annual team gatherings
- Performance-based discretionary bonuses
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the position. However, please note that we are not currently able to provide visa sponsorship for employment. Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. Therefore, we strongly encourage anyone historically underrepresented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age, or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.