Senior Backend Engineer
Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
- The Engineering team’s objective is to deliver capabilities that are foundational for our business.
- Work closely with our agile team of FE, BE, and QA engineers, as well as Product Managers, on a daily basis.
- Be an active participant in the team’s collaborative decision process.
- Design and code new features for our expanding business.
- Document your technical design and approach.
- Perform code reviews.
- Write integration and unit tests.
- Evolve and expand a modern, distributed microservice platform that is processing several billion USD annually.
- 7+ years of experience developing Java-based platforms and applications.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring junior and intermediate developers, applying emotional intelligence to contribute to team harmony, cohesion, and effectiveness.
- Hands-on experience designing and scaling REST APIs in a distributed microservice architecture.
- Experience with delivering web services for consumer-facing applications.
- Experience with a diverse set of datastores: RDBMS (MySQL), NoSQL (DynamoDB), Indexes (Elasticsearch), and associated data formats (JSON, XML).
- Experience with Hibernate or similar ORM libraries.
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or other Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings.
- Familiarity with Spring Boot, Redis, message queues, and related technologies.
- Familiarity with other languages and constructs: Python, Scala, Groovy, and functional programming.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision) from Day 1
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Home Office Allowance
- Weekly Lunches
- Volunteer Days Off (Paid)
- Discounted Gym Membership