Stitch is a payments infrastructure company on a mission to make it easier for enterprise businesses to connect to the financial system and build better experiences for their customers.
We are expanding the team to enable Stitch to broaden our product offering and extend our geographical footprint.
Stitch is a developer-first API startup with a mission to deeply connect financial systems with the wider world. We provide an API which allows third-party apps and websites to interact with their user's bank accounts in ways that unlocks the ability for companies across Africa to build innovative technology products quickly.
Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with enabling developers with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.
With highly technical products, Stitch is looking to hire a Solutions Architect to build out a function responsible for ensuring Stitch’s products solve customers’ various business needs, as well as guiding the implementation and onboarding process for integrations.
This is a great role for those that want to architect and build developer first solutions. You will also have the opportunity to be exposed to/work with developers across most of the fintechs in South Africa and globally.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing engineering or product teams, and will be comfortable partnering closely with Account Executives or other salespeople to break down highly technical products to prospective customers’ teams in a transparent and compelling way.
In addition, the Solutions Architect will play a role in assisting with onboarding customers across all acquisition channels, refining the tools and platform (such as our documentation, SDKs, and quickstart guides) for customers of any size, from self-serve to marquee.
- Develop tools and solutions to improve developer experience (DevX) eg. Docs, IDE’s, SDK’s, plugins and more
- Develop bespoke integrations for key customers using Stitch
- Guide customers through the technical integration process, starting from testing all the way through to go-live
- Answer client technical product questions eg. constraints, requirements, integration stack, recommendations
- Advise technical solutions for prospective and new customers planning to integrate Stitch, including demo’ing and showcasing the product integration process
- Define, produce, and evolve platform and tooling to support smooth integration processes across all acquisition channels and various types of customers
- Lead error management during integration, and answer Stitch related product integration queries (API documents, testing, go-live preparation)
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) during go-live phases
- Host client integration workshops, code review workshops and check-ins to advise customers on best practices during technical integration process
- Work with our product & engineering teams to translate prospect feedback into meaningful product insights
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- Previous customer-facing experience (advantageous: in a technical sales role)
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts quickly (advantageous: a track record of success in financial technology or technology startup)
A snapshot of our current stack [HERE]
- Nact (actor model)
- IdentityServer4 (dotnet core)
- Github & Github Actions
At Stitch, we want our team members to be able to work from anywhere. As a business with continental (and eventually global) ambitions, we firmly believe that putting the best team together involves letting both current and future Stitches work from where they want to. You’ll have the opportunity to work from one of our offices (Cape Town & Johannesburg) if you wish or remotely. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our offices regularly where we have team lunches every day! 🍜 Friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🎨 Stock Options
We want to ensure that you own a part of this company, as your work will drive the fabric of the business.
🩺 Medical Aid
Stitch contributes and provides medical aid coverage for all team members.
All Stitchers receive a state of the art laptop (e.g. MacBook Pro) along with a $200 budget to spend on a keyboard and mouse of your choice.
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance. We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut.
Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.