Site Reliability Engineer
Space and Time
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
At Space and Time, we are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. We are building the data foundation of Web3: a fully decentralized and community-operated data warehouse, using novel cryptography to connect tamperproof query results directly to smart contracts. This enables joining trustless on-chain and off-chain data in a single platform, allowing Web3 developers to build new use cases quickly. Our team is growing fast, backed by the top L1 blockchains and VCs, as well as enterprise partners such as Microsoft and Samsung NEXT.
A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest dApps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, enterprises, etc. We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first truly decentralized data platform!
As an SRE Software Engineer on the Validator Engineering team, you will join a highly skilled engineering team responsible for mission-critical support of all applications and infrastructure. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and applications that run on our network of nodes. You will work closely with our development team to ensure high availability, reliability and scalability of our distributed network.
The US salary range for this full-time position is $110,000 - $140,000. In addition to your base salary, your total compensation package will include a targeted annual bonus, RSU, and benefits.
Individual base pay depends on various factors, such as the complexity and responsibility of the role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
- Deploy, implement and maintain the infrastructure and applications that run on our network of nodes
- Collaborate with all engineering teams to ensure that the system is highly available, reliable, and scalable
- Monitor the system’s performance and troubleshoot issues to ensure that the network is running smoothly
- Recognize, alert and automate resolution of issues with infrastructure. Interact with Space and Time customers to help with deployment and integration of Space and Time’s services
- Use and modify automation using tools such as: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Rancher, and Github
- Manage and configure the monitoring and alerting systems to detect and respond to issues quickly
- Implement and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Help with efforts of company to pass compliance audits (such as SOC)
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Data Science. Masters Preferred
- Understanding of and experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Understanding of and experience working with relational database schemas and understanding of database concepts such as indexes and partitions
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar role
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of database systems such as PostgresSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB
- Understanding of blockchain technology is a plus
- You have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Ultra competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Aggressive bonus structure and/or Space and Time token allocations (similar to stock options)Very flexible PTO and paid holidays and flexible workweek
- Very flexible remote work options
- A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, attending exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote)
Notice to Third Party Recruitment/Staffing Agencies:
Space and Time Labs, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without a binding, fully executed, written agreement. Any written or verbal communication with any person within Space and Time Labs, Inc. does not create a binding agreement.
Space and Time Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee to any parties that do not have a valid, fully executed Agreement in place. Any unsolicited resumes or CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers or employees are deemed to be the property of Space and Time Labs, Inc. Space and Time Labs, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Parties without a fully executed and valid agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of the Company with recruiting inquiries or resumes. All candidate resumes must be presented to the hiring managers directly by the Company’s internal Talent Acquisition team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Space and Time, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Space and Time are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.