Space and Time
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2022
At Space and Time, we are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. We are building the data foundation of Web3: a fully decentralized and community-operated data warehouse, using novel cryptography to connect tamperproof query results directly to smart contracts. This enables joining trustless on-chain and off-chain data in a single platform, allowing Web3 developers to build new use cases quickly. Our team is growing fast, backed by the top L1 blockchains and VCs, as well as enterprise partners such as Microsoft and Samsung NEXT.
A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest dApps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, enterprises, etc. We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first truly decentralized data platform!
As a Solution Engineer (SE), you’ll be working directly with prospects and partners, and helping transform them into customers and advocates. You’ll be trained and positioned as a blockchain / Web3 expert, guiding highly interested start-ups and curious large corporations alike to a better understanding of the value of doing analytics on blockchain data, and the power of using blockchain technology for traditional analytics.
Day-to-day activities include working directly with customers: customer education, conducting demos or proof of value projects, representing your customer’s needs to SxT engineering, and communicating Engineering roadmaps back to customers. Being a start-up also means generating new collateral, such as blog posts, educational decks, demos or even new starter kits / data products to augment the value of Space And Time. Creativity and innovation are encouraged!
Travel to customer sites or conferences may be required, with a rough estimate of 25%.
The US salary range for this full-time position is $140,300 - $180,200. In addition to your base salary, your total compensation package includes RSU's and benefits.
Individual base pay depends on various factors, such as the complexity and responsibility of the role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
- Learn, use, and advocate for SpaceAndTime with prospects and partners
- Directly own prospects/customer relationships and account management
- Construct and deliver customer-presentable collateral as needed, including presentations, educational sessions, demonstrations, starter kits, etc.
- Track customer engagement and system use to monitor customer health
- Create a strong partnership with SxT engineering to promote key product announcements across multi-channel platforms, including regular meetings
- Act as liaison between customer needs and SxT engineering to craft customer roadmaps
- Ideate and even possibly construct new starter kits / data products atop SxT based on customer interest and value
- Post-product launch: track and retire revenue quotas
Skills & Qualifications
- Superb communication skills, both written (English) and verbal
- Technical understanding of distributed computing at scale, including a deeper understanding of one or two specific systems (Ignite, Spark, or Arrow preferred)
- Direct analytic experience, including delivery of real business value
- Understanding of SDLC and project management, particularly Agile Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to digest complex technical concepts into simple ideas that deliver understanding, then document those simple ideas into the best format for distribution
- Strong attention to detail, and an eye for effective documentation
- Light programming experience, in any procedural language (Python/Rust preferred)
- High-level knowledge of Crypto-Industry, including Blockchain, Web3, CryptoCurrency, DeFi, dApps, etc.
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a Solution Engineer in B2B, SaaS technology
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Ultra competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Aggressive bonus structure and/or Space and Time token allocations (similar to stock options)Very flexible PTO and paid holidays and flexible workweek
- Very flexible remote work options
- A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, attending exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote)
Notice to Third Party Recruitment/Staffing Agencies:
Space and Time Labs, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without a binding, fully executed, written agreement. Any written or verbal communication with any person within Space and Time Labs, Inc. does not create a binding agreement.
Space and Time Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee to any parties that do not have a valid, fully executed Agreement in place. Any unsolicited resumes or CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers or employees are deemed to be the property of Space and Time Labs, Inc. Space and Time Labs, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Parties without a fully executed and valid agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of the Company with recruiting inquiries or resumes. All candidate resumes must be presented to the hiring managers directly by the Company’s internal Talent Acquisition team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Space and Time, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Space and Time are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.