sFOX is a full-service prime dealer uniting liquidity from over 30 exchanges and OTC desks in one easy-to-manage platform. sFOX's platform provides traders with best execution services from a single account, a single counterparty, and a single workflow — giving traders greater capital efficiency. Its smart order router algorithmically routes traders to the most competitive prices worldwide, reducing slippage and improving trade performance across immense scale.
sFOX is committed to the highest standards of investor protection and reliability. The platform is SOC 2 certified and provides access to the market 24/7 with 99.99% uptime. Founded in 2014, the company is backed by Social Capital, Digital Currency Group, Khosla Ventures, DHVC, Haystack, Blockchain Capital, Y Combinator, and executives from PayPal and Airbnb.
We’re on a mission to open the world’s financial markets to everyone and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing team.
About the Position
sFOX is looking for an experienced MySQL Engineer who is passionate about managing data and blockchain based financial technology. We are looking for someone who shares our values, is a team player but can work independently, and who thrives in a dynamic environment.
In this role you will build and maintain database systems that support high volume real-time trading applications alongside backend and frontend engineers and system admins. We are looking for a strong data management professional who will provide technical focus in building and maintaining critical data management systems.
What You’ll Do
- Originate innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Create technically superior designs that meet requirements while accommodating future needs without sacrificing ease of implementation
- Create designs balanced in pragmatism and elegance
- Show commitment to the seriousness of your work, and discretion when dealing with problems
- Develop and maintain infrastructure the security strategy
- Work alongside the software engineering team to improve the quality of the database systems and their code & systems
- Day-to-day Commitment
- Act as lead for complex problem resolution
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Deliver quality project support and consultation to others
- Identify and create effective data management standards and procedures
- Ensure that system design complies with policies, standards, and principals
- Identify and recommend solutions for opportunities for system improvement through internal processes, procedures, and new technologies
- Highly responsive engagement for 24 x 7 support during and outside of common work schedules
- Fulfill ad hoc query and report requests
- Effectively communicate with supervisor
- Six years of experience in RDBMS physical and logical OLTP design, and OLTP development in MySQL
- Highly responsive communication when working remotely
- Ability to become the expert on a specific domain of technology and provide technical consultation to others
- Maintain top quality technical skills in a broad range of DBMSs, technology, and techniques
- Vast knowledge of MySQL subsystems and internals
- Deep experience in developing high volume, scalable, data-intensive systems
- Highly skilled in urgent real time troubleshooting
- Entrenched skill in designing and developing highly optimized database code
- Solid understanding of DBMS hardware, including RAM, CPU, Permanent Storage, I/O, and other capacity related resources
- Ability to create or review architecture and specification documents ensuring database security, integrity, and performance
- Possess the ability to learn how applications work by analyzing schema, querying data, and reviewing SQL
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communications with the ability to intuitively put ideas into tangible form
- Demonstrated ability in moving a software product through the full development lifecycle
- Experience with AWS and RDS
- Knowledge of designing, building, and maintaining database clusters, business continuity, and recovery architecture and processes
- Passion for innovation and for working in late stage startups
Not Required, but Nice to Have
- Experience working with trading and market data
- Experience in trading digital currency
- Understanding of digital currency trading market
- Interest in Bitcoin, digital currency, and distributed ledger technology
sFOX is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.