Lead Site Reliability Engineer
sFOX is a full-service prime dealer uniting liquidity from over 30 exchanges and OTC desks in one easy-to-manage platform. sFOX's platform provides traders with best execution services from a single account, a single counterparty, and a single workflow — giving traders greater capital efficiency. Its smart order router algorithmically routes traders to the most competitive prices worldwide, reducing slippage and improving trade performance across immense scale.
sFOX is committed to the highest standards of investor protection and reliability. The platform is SOC 2 certified and provides access to the market 24/7 with 99.99% uptime. Founded in 2014, the company is backed by Social Capital, Digital Currency Group, Khosla Ventures, DHVC, Haystack, Blockchain Capital, Y Combinator, and executives from PayPal and Airbnb.
We’re on a mission to open the world’s financial markets to everyone and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing team.
About the Position
sFOX’s sophisticated platform equips trading professionals with the tools and technology needed to secure their edge in crypto 24/7. sFOX is seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to lead the building and maintenance of a real-time trading infrastructure alongside backend and frontend engineers. The ideal candidate has hands on experience with Kubernetes and AWS as well as a strong background in software development, deployment, and automation.
- Design, implement and maintain highly available and scalable systems on AWS using Kubernetes and related tools.
- Develop and maintain automation scripts, tools, and processes to support continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure code deployments are efficient and optimized.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues, identify bottlenecks, and improve system performance.
- Maintain system security and compliance with industry standards. Working knowledge of blockchain and associated cryptography.
- 5+ years of experience as an SRE, DevOps Engineer, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes and container orchestration tools.
- Experience in scripting and programming languages such as Bash, Python, or Ruby.
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix operating systems and command-line tools.
- Knowledge of networking principles and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, etc.).
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading or managing technical teams.
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Experience with traffic management systems such as Traefik
- Experience with mesh networking and blue-green deployments
Why You'll Want to Work Here
- Remote-first culture - work from where you are
- Unlimited PTO - take time off when you need it
- Paid holidays and company-wide wellness days off
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance and flexible spending accounts available for you and your family
- Ability to help shape the future of sFOX and the cryptocurrency market
sFOX is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.