Network Role - Infrastructure Engineer
***This role is not for direct PL employment but for our PL Network portfolio of companies. Please read below to find out more about our innovative PL Network***
About the Protocol Labs Network
The recruiting team is supporting the Protocol Labs Network (PLN) -- a community of open source teams, projects, and organizations focused on researching, developing, and deploying network protocols to improve humanity’s most influential technology, the Internet. These Web3 teams and organizations are supported by the PL Ventures team through grants and investments – think of it as a VC + crypto fund model. As this ecosystem grows, these projects invest in the network itself, and the network grows along with it, which in turn benefits and incentivizes this ongoing evolution of Web2 to Web3. PLN is made up of 450+ projects, companies, and organizations. To note, this job posting is for the community of external companies inside of the PLN and is not for direct Protocol Labs employment.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you may...
- Lead projects, initiatives, and designs
- Be able to study the problem space to gain understanding of the needs of our customers and how our space relates to delivery and operations
- Thrive in a more async environment
- Create strong partnerships
- Establish measurable service level objectives in collaboration with stakeholders
- Establish comprehensive observability over the performance of deployable services
- Write, review, and merge infrastructure-as-code changes to git repositories
- Offer bespoke infrastructure support where high-priority opportunities arise
- Team Multiplier
- Improve collaboration and remove friction within and around teams
- Write high-quality design proposals and technical documentation
- Promote a positive, productive, and constructive engineering culture toward adopting best practices, experimentation and failing quickly toward success
You may be a fit for this role if you have....
- 5+ years experience working in a software and/or infrastructure engineering position - crafting resilient, high-scale, low latency, distributed microservices in production environments
- Strong technical background with emphasis on infrastructure, devops, and software engineering best practices
- Understand computer networks and the Internet and how distributed resources in the cloud communicate: IP, UDP/TCP, DNS, TLS, HTTP, managing websockets, unix sockets as well as custom protocols and abstractions
- Know how to configure and optimize NGINX
- Desire to solve hard infrastructure problems with the goal to automate and scale everything
- Strong understanding with domain-specific technical topics and how they impact the team’s operational success
- Motivation to deliver high quality solutions to ever changing problems
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.