Senior Staff Engineer
You will be joining our Protocol team. You will apply your experience in web2 on both OSS work around IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/) and the core Polymer protocol. Web3 and blockchain experience is explicitly not required but is a strong plus.
- Work on solving complex distributed systems problems in a byzantine setting
- Help to design and implement a secure, scalable, and decentralized inter-blockchain transport protocol
- Build multi-chain observer infrastructure and tooling to support Polymer's interoperability solution
- Contribute to the IBC protocol specification (https://ibcprotocol.org/)
What You Will Achieve:
- In the first month, you will build a deep understanding of Polymer Lab’s core protocol and begin contributing to documentation and testing of the product. You will begin learning about the blockchain interoperability ecosystem and underlying technology; specifically, Polymer's interoperability solution
- Within 2 months, you will be fully integrated into the team and start taking ownership of various components of Polymer’s tech stack. Success looks like delivering a working testnet/mainnet with ability to reliably and securely support cross-chain messaging at large scale, and drive IBC adoption through innovative contributions to the protocol.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- The ability to independently execute on a project given a loosely defined scope and roadmap
- Pre-existing experience on how to build high scale systems and experience with building sophisticated application services
- Ability to manage time and focus on the critical path of a project
- Experience with Go, Rust, or TypescriptExperience developing and or operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience with Linux and open source communities
- Curiosity and drive to learn new things and build solutions from the ground up
About The Team:
- The engineering team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Uber, Meta, Arista Networks, etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the Polymer protocol and IBC (https://ibcprotocol.org/).
- Competitive salary, equity/token grants, incentive compensation
- Autonomous, distributed work environment collaborating with a diverse, global team
- Opportunity to shape and contribute to industry-disrupting infrastructure
- A place to openly learn bleeding edge innovation in a fast growing industry
- Health insurance coverage
Polymer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't line up exactly with the job description.