DeFi Solutions Architect (Remote)
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
As DeFi Solutions Manager, you will report into the DeFi lead, and work cross-functionally, both internally and externally, to identify unique opportunities for growth, and manage end-to-end implementation and iteration. This person would work closely with DeFi and Engineering to help coordinate the ideation, design, and implementation of public goods with community developers for the Polygon ecosystem. The ideal candidate has worked in DeFi, is a developer/has developer experience with smart contracts, and preferably has an intimate understanding of DeFi mechanism and tech design.
Key Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities for the PM role include:
* Collaborating with the DeFi team to identify promising, DeFi-native expansion for protocols within the Polygon ecosystem, like the recent Maker DAO Spark / sDAI proposal
* Work with the Project Management team to identify and instantiate promising and problematic areas for development within the Polygon stack.
* Coordinate the ideation, design, and implementation of public goods with community developers on Polygon chains.
* Interfacing with the Solution Provider team and external protocols to ensure that any engineering issues are quickly and communicatively aggregated & addressed.
A Day in the Life
A Day in the Life might include:
* In-person / virtual calls and messaging to conduct support for DeFi projects on Polygon.
* Working cross-functionally with teams like Solution Providers and DeFi teams to maximize impact.
* Creating DeFi strategy across Polygon’s different blockchains: Polygon PoS, Polygon zkEVM, Polygon Miden, and Polygon CDK.
About the Team
The DeFi team at Polygon is one of the best known and most established in the space. As a team, we’re focused on developing sustainable business models on-chain, and supporting novel primitives.
The main focus over the coming years puts a heavy emphasis on building out natively on Polygon networks, expanding the growth of zkEVM, and helping projects find product-market fit. The DeFi lead and engineering teams are responsible for helping resource, create strategy, and ideate.
Joining our team means working closely with a group of passionate, DeFi-native builders, who live and breathe DeFi. Our collaborative team atmosphere creates an inclusive environment for sharpening existing sector knowledge, and direct contact with senior leadership on strategy and execution.
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
* 2 years of experience working in DeFi, or on a web3 application
* Experience working on smart contracts, and background in effective communication to high-priority counterparties
* Extensive understanding of product, mechanism design, and implementation in DeFi
* Ability to quickly analyze new product for value add to the Polygon ecosystem
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for employees & their dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs