Senior Product Counsel
The Legal Team is looking for a Senior Product Counsel to support our product teams and other internal partners as we grow and expand our product suite into new verticals and markets. We’re looking for a strategic advisor who will help Paxos achieve its lofty goals.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As Senior Product Counsel, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with product and engineering leaders to counsel on the future of the Paxos suite of products
- Build and manage a product counsel function, ultimately hiring additional product attorneys; manage outside counsel when needed to receive advice regarding new products and features
- Identify and counsel on risks arising from new products and features; provide risk mitigation strategies for new or existing products and features
- Work closely with members of the Legal team to best advise business leaders across the organization
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- J.D. and licensed to practice in a state in the US
- 6+ years of legal experience, including 3+ years of experience in product attorney role
- Experience working in hyper-growth, tech-focused company
- Experience working cross-functionally on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience distilling complex legal concepts to solve problems and create scalable products and solutions
You might also have:
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment
- Excellent commercial acumen and business judgment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Paxos offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary within that range is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.