IP Network Engineer
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
OXIO is the world’s first telecom-as-a-service (TaaS) platform. We are democratizing telecom and making it easily accessible for brands and enterprises to fully own and operate proprietary mobile networks designed to support their own customers needs. Our TaaS solution combines multiple existing networks into one single platform that can be seamlessly managed in the cloud as a modern SaaS offering. And it gets better - with full network access comes unparalleled business intelligence and insights to help enterprises better understand customer and machine (M2M) behavior. With a continuous focus on innovation, any company can build a powerful telecom presence with OXIO, and in addition help them glean unique customer insights like never before.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to lead the development of our strategy, build and operations of the IP infrastructure. OXIO operates a platform spanning multiple countries, on-premise equipment and cloud infrastructure to provide Mobile Telecommunication services.
- Build IP infrastructure in multiple international markets.
- Engage with multiple stakeholders (Telecom, business, sales, external providers) to translate technical or business requirements into specifications and architectures in order to interconnect MNO, Voice Service providers, Internet transit & peering, Cloud providers, customers.
- Maintain, evolve and troubleshoot existing infrastructure to meet carrier grade availability for Telecom applications.
- Redact best practices, MOPs and material related to RUN procedures.
- Procurement: vendors and providers selection.
- On a broader scope, help shape the architecture of a next generation worldwide MVNO platform.
- IP/SR-MPLS hands-on experience working with multiple vendors (Juniper, Arista, Cisco, Nokia) in ISP or SP environment.
- Experience with network automation, maintaining a source of truth and associated tooling.
- Prior exposure to Mobile Telecom infrastructure requirements like high-availability and the associated protocols suite (SCTP, Sigtran, Diameter, SIP/RTP, GTP, 464-xlat) is highly desirable.
- Cloud networking and VxLAN/IP DC Fabric knowledge is a plus.
- Strong time management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Dynamic interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal in English (Spanish welcomed)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and stock option incentive program
- Company paid healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Company sponsored team-lunches and company retreats
- International organization that enables you to work across boundaries, travel to different locations, and enjoy the dynamics of a rapidly growing startup
- A diverse and inclusive team
- We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, age, disability status or other defining characteristics