Assistant Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
⚡️ About Merkle Science
Merkle Science provides blockchain transaction monitoring and intelligence solutions for web3 companies, digital asset service providers, financial institutions, law enforcement and government agencies to detect, investigate and prevent illicit use of cryptocurrencies. Our vision is to make cryptocurrencies safe and provide infrastructure for the safe and compliant growth of cryptocurrencies.
Merkle Science is headquartered in New York with offices in Singapore, Bangalore and London. The team has combined experience across Bank of America, Paypal, Luno, Thomson Reuters and Amazon. The company has raised over US$27 MM from SIG, Beco, Republic, DCG, Kenetic, GGV and several others.
💥 What will you do?
· Book-keeping and Finalization of Financial Statements including monthly closing and reporting processes.
· Preparation of Consolidation and Intercompany billing for all international subsidiaries.
· Management of Consolidation Audit for Global entities from managing Audit related data and Audit
· Coordination with different teams to sign and filing off Audit reports.
· Management of all compliances for global entities including Secretarial, Tax, Statutory and other related compliances.
· Balance financial assets and liabilities through meticulous journal entries aligned with US GAAP.
· Reconcile various source systems with the General Ledger, identifying and resolving discrepancies.
· Manage asset acquisition and capitalization processes.
· Respond to queries from the group team promptly and effectively.
· Work with highly competitive teams on multiple clients/projects.
👀 What are we looking for?
While we do not have a strict list of requirements for candidates interested in this role, some indicators that you would fit this role .
CA with 5-6 years of experience in accounting, consolidation and audit
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in Excel and Google Sheets
📜 What process do we follow? (<2 weeks)
Application: We will keep it simple. You can apply directly through our job portal. All we ask for is a Resume. Additional Portfolio links such as Github, Medium or a Personal website are welcome
Screening: We will screen your profile and get back with a decision asap
Interviews: We will have two rounds of interviews. Round one (30mins) Intro call that will focus on getting to know each other better and identifying if this could work for both of us. Round two (60mins) is a technical round where we will review your prior experience and discuss how you would build systems to solve a problem we will introduce on call. An additional third round-technical may be decided based on the previous rounds
Meet the Team: Culture-Fit is essential for both you and us. So we always go the extra mile, and you will meet two other colleagues on the team who you would be working with. Here, you could discuss questions on stack, culture and some other things you might be interested in if you had a consideration for a new role.
Offer Rollout: If all looks well, we will open a bottle of champagne.
📢 Other information you may want to consider
We will be flexible for the rest of the pandemic and work remotely; however, we are not a remote-first company, and the work location would be Bangalore when things settle.
❤️ Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, learning & development initiatives and hours that are designed to provide work/life balance. We regularly host team-building sessions and encourage discussions around mental health.
We reward talent and believe in acknowledging people for their contributions. We offer industry-leading compensation, along with generous equity. As a rapidly growing business, there are endless opportunities to grow your career with Merkle Science.