We are seeking an experienced legal counsel to join our team in a rapidly growing Web3 gaming organization. As legal counsel, you will have a wide-variety of responsibilities in the intersection between corporate, IP, gaming, financial, compliance and crypto laws, including relating to general regulatory compliance, legal and DAO governance structuring, and transaction-related matters. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative and fast-paced project at the forefront of web3 gaming. You will work closely with a variety of the most innovative projects in the web3 gaming industry, in addition to our General Counsel on a daily basis.
For this role, we require a candidate with at least 4 years of experience working in the legal industry, in a law firm or web3 company.
Your day-to-day activities as a legal counsel will include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing and following up product developments from a legal perspective
- Working on various types of contracts and transactions
- Legal structuring of entities and compliance in this relation
- General legal research and obtaining local counsel advice where required
- Working on DAO governance related matters and conducting legal assessments
The ideal candidate is someone that is highly dedicated, eager to learn and used to focusing efforts and taking responsibility in order to achieve results. You should enjoy being a team player and like to develop together with others.
We expect you to conduct yourself in a professional manner, be self-motivated and hard-working, and thrive in an environment focused on furthering the growth of the gaming and crypto industries.
- 4+ years of experience working within the legal industry, preferably in a law firm or a web3 company.
- Multidisciplinary background with experience in one or more of the following subject areas of law: gaming, intellectual property, corporate structuring, capital markets, tax and crypto regulations in jurisdictions such as the EU, UK or US.
- Above basic knowledge of the crypto industry, NFTs, and blockchain technology, including smart contracts, and understanding their relevance and application within the gaming sector.
- Proactive in keeping up to date with regulatory developments.
- Experience advising on risk mitigation relating to product developments.
- Team-oriented and collaborative, with the ability to drive negotiations and projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English, enabling clear and effective communication.
- Proactive and flexible availability, willing to adapt to changing circumstances and contribute when required.
- Competitive compensation.
- Be part of an ecosystem that encourages transparency and alignment with open-source methodologies and principles.
- Work on prominent matters within the crypto gaming space.
- Work within a remote and highly collaborative team consisting of diverse experts.
- Rapid expansion of a valuable professional network.
- Work in a high-growth sector within a leading gaming ecosystem.
- Annual team retreats