Staff Engineer - Machine Learning
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Staff Machine Learning Engineer. In this role, you will lead and contribute to developing and implementing machine learning models and algorithms that will drive innovation and improve our products and services.
To give you an idea of what we're working on, we deal with a massive scale of data and currently undertake millions of requests a second. To use it, we need the ability to move it around, aggregate, maintain, distill, and discover usable insights that power our platform. We’re at the edge of technology, and our engineers push the limits of what’s possible with the best technologies. As a Staff ML Engineer, you’ll work on various projects based on the intersection of your affinities, abilities, and development goals.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design, development, and optimization of machine learning models and algorithms for various facets of our platform, including sophisticated bidding strategies, search & data retrieval functionalities, and user experience enhancements.
- Work closely with data engineers and data scientists to gather and preprocess data, ensuring its quality and relevance for model training.
- Identify and create meaningful features from raw data to enhance model performance and accuracy.
- Develop robust evaluation metrics and methodologies to assess the performance of machine learning models and fine-tune them as needed.
- Collaborate with DevOps and software engineering teams to deploy machine learning models into production environments, ensuring scalability and reliability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning and AI research, and apply innovative techniques to solve complex problems.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior machine learning engineers, helping them grow their skills and capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, software engineers, product managers, and domain experts, to understand business requirements and deliver effective solutions.
- Maintain clear and organized documentation of machine learning models, algorithms, and processes for knowledge sharing and future reference.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience in building internet-scale robust backend systems with a specialization of around 5 years experience in machine learning model development and deployment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, or a related field. Ph.D. is a plus.
- Experience with core ML technologies such as TensorFlow, JAX, BigQuery, Bigtable, Dataflow, Kubernetes, and TFX Serving with the ability to utilize these in our backend systems.
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms, deep learning, and neural networks.
- Experience with data preprocessing, feature engineering, and model evaluation techniques.
- Ability to leverage Google Cloud Platform (GCP) as our exclusive infrastructure provider, while also collaborating with a language-agnostic engineering team.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and supporting the hiring and evaluation of candidates.
The approximate compensation range for this role is $230,000-$285,000. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by several factors, including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Madhive is a dynamic, diverse, innovative, and friendly place to work. We embrace our differences and believe they fuel our creativity. We come from varied backgrounds and think that’s important. But whether it’s taking ideas from previous lives and applying them in different ways or creating something completely new, we are all trail-blazing team players who think big and want to make an impact.
Here are just some of the many benefits of becoming a Madhive employee:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Your health is number 1, so we offer 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1 for yourself and any dependents.
Family Forming Benefits: Madhive offers inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits that cover all paths to parenthood — whether it is adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, or anything related through a partnership with Carrot Fertility. The benefit includes free access to Carrot membership services and employer-sponsored funds of up to $10,000 to help pay for your care.
401(K) Matching: Madhive's generous 401(K) plan offers a contribution equal to 100% of eligible employee contributions up to 5% annually. There is no vesting period, and all full-time employees can participate immediately upon their hire date.
Unlimited Vacation: We offer Unlimited PTO plus additional paid company holidays.
Parental Leave: We believe that family comes first, so we provide parental leave to all new parents.
Food All Day: Fully stocked refrigerator and lunch are provided every day that you're in the office!