Compliance Officer & MLRO UK
Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely.
About the team:
Luno is a market leading crypto exchange on a mission to put the power of crypto into everyone’s hands, and we are building a market leading Compliance function to support these goals. With regional teams in place across APAC, Africa and Europe, including the UK, we are now looking to complement these capabilities with a Compliance and MLRO for the UK. We are growing fast, and this is a superb opportunity to make your mark in a truly outstanding organisation.
The role in a nutshell:
We are looking for an energetic, ambitious, and talented Compliance Officer and MLRO for the UK, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is capable of supporting the increasing needs of our UK business and to form part of the global Compliance team. Reporting to the Global Head of Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime, you will be an integral member of the Compliance Management team and will work with all areas of the global business to help ensure that Luno maintains a robust and responsible compliance program. The successful candidate must be passionate about compliance, be hands on with a drive to contribute to and enhance the strong compliance culture across the organisation.
Your mission will be:
- Be the first point of contact for compliance related matters in the UK, as well as having wider responsibility for managing our growing interests within the UK;
- Assume responsibility as the UK Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”)
- Help drive Luno’s compliance strategy and ensure Luno continues to adhere to any new or existing regulatory obligations;
- Work closely with Luno’s Product and Countries teams, finding ways to offer amazing products and services to our customers that meet our regulatory obligations;
- maintain and develop strong relationships with regulatory bodies and financial partners, ensuring the ongoing success of these critical partnerships; and
- Work closely with the global Anti-Financial Crime and Legal teams, providing on-the-ground support for Compliance related matters.
In your first six months, you will
- Immerse yourself in Luno, ensuring you have a deep understanding of our business and our customers;
- Develop strong relationships across the Luno team, and with key third parties; and
- Become a trusted expert in all aspects of Luno’s Compliance programme, always with an eye to continuous improvement.
A little about you:
- In-depth knowledge of, and a passion for, AML, CTF, CPF and Sanctions compliance;
- Prior experience as a MLRO;
- Previous experience of interacting with regulators and banking partners to demonstrate the effectiveness of organisational controls;
- A pragmatic and responsible approach to compliance with regulatory obligations;
- The ability to collaborate across geographies, functional areas and competencies;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- A predisposition for taking ownership and consistently delivering excellence;
- A desire for continuous learning, with the ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment; and
- Experience in the cryptocurrency industry (desirable, but not essential).
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.