Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely.
About the team:
Luno is a market leading crypto exchange on a mission to put the power of crypto into everyone’s hands. We are building a high performing Reward and People Operations team as part of the wider People team. With a team focused on automation, compliance and value adding expertise, this role will play a vital part in the achievement of our strategic objectives. This is an amazing opportunity to join a talented and collaborative People team; on a united mission is to facilitate a working environment where Lunauts can reach their potential in a remote but reachable world.
The role in a nutshell:
You will provide expert advice and operational support on the full range of Reward related activities. This includes advising on pay structures, job evaluation and grading, salary surveys, bonus and incentive schemes, total reward statements, share schemes, and other reward and benefit related matters. You will analyse market trends and salary data to determine competitive pay rates, as well as recommending appropriate benefits and compensation programs. As the in-house Reward expert, you will play a key role in communicating these programs to senior management and employees. In addition, you will play a pivotal role in providing the wider People function with relevant information, data analysis, and insights to both internal and external stakeholders. Using statistical and quantitative analytical techniques, you will analyse people-related business problems and present the findings in relevant and easily understandable formats.
Your mission will be:
- Work on company wide compensation processes including salary review, benchmarking, bonus, and long term incentive plans.
- Support with the management of all aspects of the company bonus schemes, including: Annual review of bonus schemes, liaising with Senior Management to set annual rules.
- Facilitate individual bonus payments and communications
- Provide insights reports and recommendations on various aspects of the reward agenda such as pay strategy and gender pay.
- Implementing relevant HR metrics in order to determine the efficiency and impact of the workforce.
- Analysing data and statistics for trends with regard to recruitment practices, motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws.
- Optimising and implementing new data processes and systems.
- Compiling reports of data results and presenting these to senior managers.
A little about you:
- 5 years + Reward experience.
- A proven track record of Reward and People data expertise and governance.
- A solid understanding of People (HR) principles and excellent analytical skills.
- A working knowledge of the statutory requirements affecting compensation issues in South Africa, UK and APAC.
- Advanced level Excel and Google sheets competency
- A strong knowledge of reward principles, practices, and trends
- Ability to conduct project work and associated research independently
- A collaborative and flexible approach, with the ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and to reconcile complex financial data from a variety of sources using tools such as Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current legislation with regards to pay conditions and the tax treatment of fringe benefits.
- Ability to prioritise workloads effectively, balancing conflicting deadlines and achieving results and deliverables within fixed timescales.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A confident and persuasive communication style, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented with excellent organisational skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- To provide advice and guidance on the administrative and operational aspects of Reward and Data to Luno
- To support the People Leadership team in the delivery of the annual pay review process and ensure it is implemented accurately and efficiently. .
- Own any Equal Pay and Gender Pay Gap reporting by creating appropriate reports, manipulating and analysing complex data to identify potential gaps and assist in displaying the findings in graphical format for non-HR audiences.
- Under the direction of the People Leadership, maintain and refresh salary range data in line with outline compensation strategy and principles.
- As directed, to undertake research and analysis of workforce data and market information.
- Deal with sensitive and confidential issues in accordance with the relevant/ regional Data Protection Act and other professional and statutory guidelines.
- Collaborate closely with the People leadership team to produce People data that align with business objectives and deliver actionable insights.
- Apply your strong Excel skills to proficiently analyse and manipulate HR data.
- Develop and maintain HR reports and dashboards for various stakeholders.
- Conduct trend analysis, identify patterns, and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with the wider People team to understand data requirements, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR analytics processes and tools.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange