Talent Performance and Development Lead
Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely
About the team:
We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus, and determination. We need the best team on board for our mission to put the power of crypto in everyone’s hands.
Our team’s purpose is to ignite Luno's mission by inspiring the extraordinary and empowering our global community. We do this by building a high-performing team. One united by our mission and Moontality, where Lunauts can reach their potential in a remote but reachable world.
The role in a nutshell
As a Talent Lead at Luno, you will own, design, develop and facilitate complex performance and development products. These products will touch on all aspects of a Lunaut's journey at Luno, whether it is onboarding, performance management, or development initiatives such as leadership development.
Your mission will involve
- Owning, designing, organising and facilitating complex performance and development products that support Luno’s business aspirations and a high performance culture
- Being a strategic thought partner to the Head of People Development, greater People team and senior internal business stakeholders including our Exec
- Ensuring that our strategy and People products embed our Moontality and ultimately support Luno’s mission of being piloted by a high performing team
- Collaborating with stakeholders to put forward measurable outcome-driven, impactful initiatives Luno that is easy to tailor for localised needs
- Supporting the roll out and embedding of our People Platforms
- Putting forward observations, insights and recommendations as you take Lunauts through performance and development initiatives
- Driving innovation and continuous improvement in all aspects, whether it is a process, product or project.
In your first six months, you will
- Obtain an understanding of Luno in general and People team products
- Get to know the People team and your key stakeholders
- Take ownership of a complex people product (the promotions process) to own and drive forward
Month 3 to 6:
- Along with the Head of People Development, you’ll rethink the role of a people manager at Luno. You’ll investigate, propose, and implement a plan that balances business needs with manager and Lunaut needs to ensure our people managers are set up for success.
A little about you
- Worked in a high growth, global business, which will help you navigate changing priorities, ambiguity and allow you to design solutions that reflect our cultural diversity
- 6+ Years proven experience as either an HR or L&D practitioner, where you can demonstrate how you have applied impactful solutions to performance and development challenges
- Proven experience in planning and executing complex cross functional, company wide initiatives
- A good business sense and understanding, with the ability to balance what the business needs vs People team aspirations
- A proven data-driven approach, with the ability to collect data, understand and interpret data, or to use data to tell a story and share insights
- Strong facilitation skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to apply critical and creative thinking to create engaging and impactful products, recognising that there is no “one size fits all” approach
- A bias for action; naturally taking the lead, giving direction and taking responsibility to ensure delivery of agreed outcomes
- A familiarity with product design principles and ideologies would be beneficial
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, adapt to rapid changes in information, meet deadlines and be accountable for performance in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A relentless curiosity about their craft and will be endlessly passionate about developing Lunauts!
Life at Luno
Benefits include partnering with the coolest people and stakeholders who are building really cool tech while putting the power of crypto into everyone's hands! You will learn a lot, and be part of a scaling Fintech legacy. Other benefits include:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance and access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- Generous maternity and paternity leave.
- An annual Inspiration Day, and Long Service Leave after 2 years of service. You also have the freedom to buy or sell leave annually.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events
- Free lunch and snacks when you are in the office, as well as “Lunch on Luno” on Fridays (no matter where you are!) to help you connect with your fellow Lunauts over lunch.
- An annual personal development budget to use on Learnerbly, whether it is for a course, professional membership or conference!
- Unlimited access to LifeLabs Learning’s playbooks and skills labs.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.