Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely
About the team:
We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus, and determination. We need the best team on board for our mission to put the power of crypto in everyone’s hands.
Our team’s purpose is to ignite Luno's mission by inspiring the extraordinary and empowering our global community. We do this by building a high-performing team. One united by our mission and Moontality, where Lunauts can reach their potential in a remote but reachable world.
The role in a nutshell
We are a team of trusted partners who are immersed in the business. We bring our unique strengths to solve the challenges our stakeholders didn’t know they had. We balance being bold and reliable as we take the People journey to new heights. We support business success whilst ensuring that Luno is the top choice for Lunaut’s to thrive.
As an experienced people partner, you will work closely with the People Lead and wider People Team to partner with your business units to deliver on day-to-day partnering, group projects and strategic stakeholder deliverables. You will have a specific focus on the Lunaut experience, performance, talent development, engagement, and various other touch points along the employee journey that matter whilst embedding our Moontality in everything that we do.
Please note this role is open to the whole of SA. (Ideally CPT or JHB)
Your mission will involve:
- Management coaching: As a People Partner a large proportion of your role will be on the (virtual) ground providing proactive support to our People Managers with coaching, advice, and guidance on all things people-related.
- Change management: We see ourselves as change makers. There are plenty of exciting changes happening. You will have the opportunity to work with the wider People Team on change management programs for your location, functions as well as globally.
- People Development: Collaborate with the People Development Team on our feedback, people mapping processes, development frameworks, first 90 days, and promotion processes to help our Lunauts reach their full potential.
- Performance: Support your stakeholders and the business to cultivate a high-performance culture by fostering highly engaged teams, characterised by trust, ownership, growth, and belonging, to consistently achieve Luno’s goals. Managing initiatives related to goal setting, performance conversations, talent mapping, and end-to-end performance management.
- Organisational design: Support the business with organisational design to optimise the team and role structures, facilitate role levelling, and partner with your stakeholders and Talent Acquisition team on the headcount needs of your stakeholders.
- Employee Relations: Be a trusted partner able to guide, investigate, and facilitate processes and make recommendations relating to misconduct, underperformance, probation, incapacity, and other challenges that may arise.
- People Projects: Lead, drive, manage, and measure the success and impact of people projects within your relevant stakeholder groups.
- Data & insights: Manage people-related data and support your stakeholders with key people insights to support decision-making, strategy development, and initiative prioritisation.
In your first six months, you will
- Provide support to the People Lead and your dedicated stakeholder group across the entire employee journey, including setting new starters up for success, engagement action plans, performance management, talent development, and other initiatives.
- Participate in the wider People Team’s roadmap of projects as part of our mission to upgrade the world of work.
- Work with the wider people team and partner with your stakeholders to implement change management initiatives and projects aligned with our People Team strategy.
A little about you:
- Bachelor's degree in Organisational Psychology or Human Resource Management
- 5-8 years experience in a people partnering or related role
- Well-rounded knowledge of South African employment legislation is a must. It would be advantageous to have UK or SEA employment legislation knowledge
- Highly advantageous to have organisational design experience
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility, and very high level of integrity
- A self-starter, can-do, get-things-done attitude
- Approachability, self-awareness, and good people skills are a must
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high proficiency in English
- Proven ability to prioritise, plan and organise in an ever-changing fast-moving environment, using principles of agile and design-thinking methodologies
- Proactive problem solving skills
- A love for data and the ability to draw insights from it
- We win together - teamwork is everything
Life at Luno
Benefits include partnering with the coolest people and stakeholders who are building really cool tech while putting the power of crypto into everyone's hands! You will learn a lot, and be part of a scaling Fintech legacy. Other benefits include:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Access to Learnerbly and Code Academy
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.