Senior Operations Manager
Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, and more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, and responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As Jackpocket’s Texas based Senior Ops Manager, you will lead all local personnel and take ownership of all regional operational functions. You will become an SME on Jackpocket’s inner workings, establish and implement standard operating procedures, and continually hire, train, and develop a large team of operations staff.
- 8+ years of work experience, 6+ years of management experience
- Lead and manage Jackpocket fulfillment center operations in Texas
- Actively manage a team of employees and participate in day to day lottery ticket processing activities
- Develop and deliver new hire training and facilitate ongoing learning and development for staff
- Establish and maintain best practices and standard operating procedures in collaboration with Ops peers and leadership
- Continually evaluate performance and efficiency and implement procedural and tactical improvements
- Set team and individual level goals, track OKRs, and provide ongoing coaching and mentorship to drive performance
- Handle day-to-day employee scheduling, approve timecards, update standard operating procedures, and make sure associates are prepared for the day and working in a safe environment.
- Monitor supply delivery, inventory management, manage regular cleaning and maintenance schedules, and troubleshoot and system or facility issues.
- Perform cash balance reporting, execution of initiatives and directives, and additional duties as required
- Assist with launching new markets
- Audits their own fulfillment centers and staff to uphold standards and guidelines
- Willing and able to work late nights and weekends
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Technically proficient and able to perform technical troubleshooting
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and create strategy for future growth & company-wide initiatives
- Ability to handle emergencies and create contingency plans in case of disruptions
- Experience hiring, managing, scheduling, and developing a large roster of mostly part time operational staff
- Experience with personnel management including hiring and firing, familiarity with TX employment law
- Enthusiastic about learning, creating structure, and willing to jump in and help wherever is needed
- Demonstrated experience developing and improving operational processes
- Experience working with a high-growth company or fast paced environment
- Medical insurance covered up to 100% by Jackpocket
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym membership
- Autonomy and upward mobility
The annual base compensation range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000
This is a full-time exempt position and is not eligible for overtime under FLSA requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackpocket is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.