Lead Technical Designer
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
Improbable is creating innovative online events and experiences that support 1000s of simultaneous players. We want to further explore the possibilities of massive live events across a wide variety of fields including sports, education, music and art - all supported on any device.
Consider global sports fans gathering in virtual arenas, interactive live concerts, mass-participation games - bridging geographical gaps, creating new jobs for hosts and content creators and bringing people together.
We want you to help us build the next generation of massively multiplayer live experience
- Lead a team of technical designers in creating, expanding and utilising game systems, design new workflows, and collaborate regularly with other disciplines.
- Develop the skills of more junior technical designers, give regular and high quality feedback
- Offer valuable insights and feedback on the overall quality of the user experience, drawing from your unique perspective
- Be accountable for large systems in our experiences, crossing multiple features and gameplay areas.
- Provide support for specific aspects of projects, such as interactive spaces, quests, social interactions, dynamic events, balance, and more, as part of broader development efforts.
Why You're Made for This:
- Unreal Engine Expertise: You are an expert in Unreal blueprints and in many aspects of the engine.
- Growth mindset: A desire to grow and develop a team, considering each individual's well-being and differing needs.
- Prioritisation: Ability to prioritise and manage end-to-end design projects across the team, interfacing with different disciplines.
- Embrace Exploration: You're open-minded with the willingness to explore uncharted territory, shaping unique social experiences in virtual spaces.
- Broad interests: You have experience in creating interactive environments, social interactions, virtual economies, or in emergent storytelling.
- Real-time Expertise: You grasp the significance of real-time interactions, persistent world mechanics, and their impact on user engagement, accessibility, and long-term involvement.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application process or would like to confidentially discuss the matter, then please do let us know in the Additional Information section of your application.