Principal Generalist Artist - Metaverse
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
At Improbable, we’ve been venturing into unexplored territory for over a decade, seeking new ways to connect people and amplify their lives. We’re shaping virtual worlds of unprecedented scale for the gaming, web3, and related sectors, creating world-changing technology from Morpheus to M2. With us, you’ll tackle questions that no one else is asking and find answers that define the future.
We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
Improbable is creating innovative online events and experiences that support 1000s of simultaneous players. Check out some of our examples here! We want to further explore the possibilities of massive live events across a wide variety of fields including sports, education, music and art - all supported on any device.
Consider global sports fans gathering in virtual arenas, interactive live concerts, and mass-participation games - bridging geographical gaps, creating new jobs for hosts and content creators and bringing people together. We want you to help us build the next generation of massively multiplayer live experiences!
- Manage the art projects and processes to create consistent, high-quality assets that respect the artistic vision of the game and that don’t block or reboot other departments, all within industry standards and timelines.
- Work closely with the Art management on transforming visions into deliverables.
- Actively participate in the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the assets and visions.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department.
- Define and establish art standards/systems to ensure all creative material is consistent.
- Analyse workload and productivity, flag issues and provide solutions.
- Communicate well-considered, accurate delivery timescales for the teams, and can anticipate where issues may arise ahead of commitment.
Why You're Made for This:
- Good self-starter instincts and an ability to work with little to no oversight.
- Previous experience in one or more art crafts as an Individual Contributor.
- Experienced with ownership across multiple art disciplines (e.g. backgrounds, characters, game objects, user interface, animation, creation of 3D objects, particle effects, etc.).
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Experience in managing outsource partners.
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools and Unreal game engine.
- A broad understanding of the entire art production cycle, concept, asset creation, lighting, and optimisation.
- The ability to pivot quickly with changing project needs.
While we believe the mentioned experiences could be important, we're keen to hear from people that have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of the requirements, please still apply!
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application process or would like to confidentially discuss the matter, then please do let us know in the Additional Information section of your application.