Principal Software Engineer (Modelling) - Enterprise Insights
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
At Improbable, we want to help businesses navigate the increasingly more complex and intertwined world. Enterprise metaverses break down the organisational and technical siloes that have prevented digital twins being fully exploitable by the broader business. They empower entire companies to continually optimise and prepare for the future by providing a digital representation that can be visualised, analysed, explored and experimented upon. We use enterprise metaverses to empower businesses to effectively explore future scenarios and respond to change and disruption more effectively using digital twins and enterprise metaverses.
Enterprise Insights is a newly formed business unit of 30+ people within Improbable. You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
We are seeking a Principal Model Engineer to join our modelling team which develops the models and simulations used in our digital twins. You'll provide technical leadership to a multidisciplinary team of scientists, modellers, and software engineers, collaborating closely with our product team to take modelling to the next level.
- Lead and shape the future of our modelling team, working closely with our Product, Solution and DevOps teams
- Evolve the technical approach in the modelling space, strengthening the foundations to support further modelling challenges ahead
- Mentor and grow the team - with a strong focus on our talented junior engineers
- Hands-on design and implementation of algorithms resulting in plausible modelling behaviour
- Build pipelines to extract, synthesise and integrate data from various sources, making it available to simulation engines and user interfaces
- Working cross-functionally across the Enterprise Insights team to support adjacent projects where required
Why you're made for this
- You thrive on the inherent ambiguity of an early-stage business, you can navigate the frequent changes and the opportunity to learn and adapt our technology as we go along
- You’re an established leader or are looking to step into a leadership role - you don’t want to stop being hands-on but you also enjoy other activities (whether it’s pairing and teaching a more junior member or sitting with your product team to figure out where we’re heading in the next 3 months)
- You have a strong scientific and engineering mindset, software engineering experience, and a desire to resolve complex technical problems and systems-level requirements
- You’re experienced in applying model and data engineering to solve customer problems
- You have experience with mathematical modelling paradigms (e.g. systems dynamics, event-based modelling, agent-based modelling) and associated simulation frameworks
- You can think holistically about every aspect of software development, including testing, documentation, security and performance
- You love working as part of a close-knit group. We’re a highly collaborative team and often work together to solve complex problems and learn new skills. You proactively reach out to the wider team when there’s a need for input and encourage others to do so as well
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.