Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of automation processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the product features.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following the software engineering and testing processes.
- Create high quality and reliable automation infrastructure/frameworks and scripts within timelines.
- Understand how our code functions and how it interacts with different software components of the projects.
- Own a discrete area of the product and execute on it with a high degree of quality.
- Work closely with other QA and our developers to lend advice and build/maintain/revise our automated test suite.
- Mentor more junior SDETs, QAs and developers.
Why You're Made for This:
- Highly skilled in and with hands-on experience of common scripting languages like Python.
- Experience with games development tools (such as Unreal Engine 4/5) and process and using any game engine testing tools and frameworks.
- Able to understand Selenium and Cypress.io based automation frameworks. With knowledge of Webdriver.io desirable.
- Proficient in conducting functional testing of non-GUI based applications, particularly microservices, is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, AWS or Azure) and preferably hands on experience in debugging cloud logs, creating dashboards using Grafana.
- Knowledge of TDD, BDD, ATDD, and automation approaches/practices.
- Able to set up, maintain, and perform test automation on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and build test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Able to put in place feedback loops to keep your team informed of the quality of their products throughout the SDLC and work closely with customers to understand their requirements and implement solutions.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application process or would like to confidentially discuss the matter, then please do let us know in the Additional Information section of your application.