Art Outsource Manager - Metaverse
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Coordinate the production of art assets through 3rd party vendors, including concept, environment, character, vehicle and animation assets.
- Work with the art department, designers and production to develop and maintain the outsourcing production schedule.
- Ensure detailed, consistent and up-to-date documentation for the art production pipeline.
- Define and co-ordinate test assets for vetting new outsourcing partners and provide constructive feedback.
- Act as the primary contact for communication and coordination with external vendors and partner studios.
- Motivate and drive outsourcing partners, ensuring that schedules are adhered to and that established deliverables are made.
- Develop processes for review, feedback and approval of delivered assets.
- Demonstrate competence in problem solving with an ability to overcome any complications, setbacks and obstacles that may arise.
- Proficient in developing schedules and setting milestones and associated deliverables.
- Proficiency and familiarity with project management software, including JIRA.
- Ownership of outsourced asset integration into source control.
Why You're Made For This:
- Deep experience managing art pipelines.
- Previous experience as an outsourcing manager or similar production role.
- Understand the game industry and the art-creation process, including 3D software and techniques.
- An individual who is team oriented, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with external brands is a definite plus.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application process or would like to confidentially discuss the matter, then please do let us know in the Additional Information section of your application.