Web App Developer
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
MSquared, a spinout of Improbable, is building a network of interconnected metaverses. Each of these metaverses specialise for different industries and areas - ranging across sports, music, culture, gaming, and beyond, and have their own specific audiences.
While all of these metaverses build upon the same platform technology, they are each their own web apps, built using the same technology foundations.
These web apps are the way users access virtual worlds events and experiences via cloud streaming technology, manage their profile, buy virtual goods and services, interact with their friends, and even create their own objects and spaces.
As a Web Developer working in Improbable Metaverse Group, you are responsible for supporting the creation of these metaverse web applications, as a combination of a creative and technical role
- Building upon MSquared platform technology to create amazing consumer experiences for web-based metaverses
- Contributing and maintaining template web apps and component libraries to easy scale out features to multiple metaverses
- Able to make solid UX / UI design decisions on your own, but comfortable working with larger design teams when projects have them
- You will be responsible for supporting the creation of Metaverse Web Applications in a combination of a creative and technical role
Why You're Made for This:
- You are outcome-oriented, and like to work iteratively in order to work in rapidly moving content creation teams, surrounded by other technical / creative hybrids
- Passionate about games / metaverse / Web3 to have independent ideas around where to take applications
- Has some experience personally with games and/or Web3 to understand common UX design patterns and concepts in the space
- You have hands on experience with: TypeScript, React, Material UI, NextJS & Firebase
- Added bonus if you're familiar with, or interested in learning Progressive Web Apps, Three.JS & Web3.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application process or would like to confidentially discuss the matter, then please do let us know in the Additional Information section of your application.