Group Financial Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
We are a British metaverse and Web3 technology company pioneering cultural change through the creation of interconnected virtual worlds and environments.
Virtual worlds have a profound impact on the real world. Our goal is to work with partners to create metaversal experiences that enrich and meaningfully extend the potential of our lives, through live interactive events, multiplayer games, entertainment and social spaces – all with cutting-edge technology that allows many thousands of people to interact in high-fidelity environments, at the same time and in the same space.
Improbable is at the forefront of emergent technology; we aim to create an ecosystem to enable greater fulfilment from the metaverse. This role will be a core to the group finance function, providing support to the metaverse and games business units, and acting as the “glue” between the retrospective and forward-looking financial information.
As a Group Financial Accountant, you will be critical in the team’s success, by implementing and leading accounting policy and procedure across the wider Improbable group. You will contribute by providing valuable insight and thought leadership as we establish a number of ventures and business models from scratch, whilst leveraging an aptitude for systems and processes to streamline processes across the group.
- Iterate and establish new accounting principles as Improbable explores metaverse interoperability and launches exciting new ventures with customers and partners
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and assist with the audit process
- Produce consolidated monthly management accounts and quarterly reporting
- Support at first, then lead monthly close activities
- Manage group tax and compliance affairs, including corporate tax, R&D tax incentive schemes, VAT, transfer pricing and other ad hoc projects
- Manage and monitor the integrity of the management and financial data, including liaising with FP&A to aid P&L management and business insights
- Contribute to the development of a strong internal control environment
- Lead in the implementation of streamlined financial processes across the group
Why you're made for this:
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in process implementation
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- Netsuite experience preferred
- A dynamic self-starter with a proactive approach to challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home, some or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application process or would like to confidentially discuss the matter, then please do let us know in the Additional Information section of your application.