We are a fast-growing international payment platform that moves money instantly and with zero transaction fees. Our product is specifically designed for international professionals; overseas freelancers, contractors and independent workers with US business clients. We understand that having an easy payment method can bring more jobs and opportunities for international workers with a global mindset. We charge a flat monthly fee for customers' US receiving bank accounts that doesn’t fluctuate with the number of transactions made – allowing our customers to keep all of their money.
We are a fully remote team with members working across various countries, all coming together to create an amazing product to support international companies and professionals.
About the Director of Sales, Global Marketplaces Role
We are looking for an experienced Director of Sales with a solid network within global marketplaces (i.e. Etsy, Ebay, Amazon, AirBnB, etc.) to successfully develop our business. Your responsibilities will primarily be to introduce global marketplaces to Higlobe, get them to test Higlobe, and then have them adopt Higlobe as a payment option for their overseas merchant communities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment with an ability to deal with ambiguity.
What you’ll do:
- Strong negotiation, analytical and communications skills, to establish meaningful and challenging conversations with decision makers that lead you to close big deals with these companies
- Ability to prospect leads, activate your network, and create business connections.
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Collaboratively develop value propositions that address client needs for global marketplace
- Driving relevant activities to augment customer acquisitions and representing Higlobe in industry forums to drive awareness
- Creating & articulating compelling value propositions for Higlobe services in coordination with the marketing, legal, product, and customer success team
- Have deep knowledge of global marketplaces and their payment platforms, along with 8+ years of experience in Sales or Business Development roles
- Experience in leading complex negotiations with large and enterprise global marketplaces
- Be a self-starter and strategic thinker who proactively seeks ways to improve and drive business to the next level. A fast learner that can understand and quickly adapt to market and industry trends easily.
- BA/BS degree
- Experience working in an international company with diverse culture
- Experience in the Payments and Banking industry
- Have flexibility to travel domestically or internationally.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Higlobe, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work.
Compensation & Benefits
The US base salary for this full-time position is $140,000 + commission + equity + benefits. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
- Global, fully remote company
- Unlimited Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.