Full Stack Software Engineer
Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team. As a Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in fulfilling our technology needs and driving high-impact projects at Grayscale. Your responsibilities will involve working on the API of a proprietary investor portal web application, managing multiple APIs and system integrations, as well as building new APIs to enhance our services. Much of the API data is editable through a no-code Unqork interface. 10% of this role will require working within the Unqork platform to oversee the CI/CD build process.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with various internal stakeholders across Finance, Operations, Marketing, Legal, and Compliance. This collaborative environment will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside professionals from diverse backgrounds and gain insights into various aspects of the business.
Our tech stack is brand new, designed to leverage cutting-edge technologies and tools. We utilize AWS as our cloud platform, enabling scalable and secure infrastructure. Our infrastructure is managed using Terraform, with Docker and AWS Lambda for containerization and deployment. We rely on GitLab for our CI/CD processes to ensure smooth and efficient software delivery.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, automation, and optimization of existing systems and applications.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a proprietary investor portal web application, ensuring its scalability, performance, and security.
- Integrate the proprietary investor portal with a content management system (CMS) such as Sanity.io to allow content users to edit the site’s text, write and post articles, and configure select front-end interface options (e.g. color of a button).
- Develop and maintain software systems that adhere to SOX compliance requirements and support regulatory obligations.
- Manage and enhance existing APIs and system integrations to ensure seamless communication between different systems and platforms.
- Become familiar with Unqork’s no code platform, learn the key aspects of the platform.
- Review Unqork application architecture and configuration before promotion
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Operations, Marketing, Legal, and Compliance, to understand their technology requirements and develop solutions that meet their needs.
- Provide estimates and recommendations on how to break up features for delivery via Jira project management
- Clearly and effectively communicate product delays, and remediation across the organization
- Effectively collaborate with our external integration partners to ensure high quality results
- Provide analysis on vendor products advantages, limitations, and security
- Minimum of 5 years of full stack software development
- Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks (e.g., Svelte, React, Angular, Vue.js) and backend technologies (e.g., Node.js, .NET).
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server) and proficiency in SQL.
- Proficient with building cloud based applications
- Ability to own and drive cloud budget conversations
- Experience building API integrations with third-party/vendor platforms
- Experience with Identity and Access Management platforms like Okta, Auth0
- Experience with caching frameworks like Redis
- Experience with queueing frameworks like SQS, Rabbit MQ
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with engineering team and product managers
- Strong drive and high standards to produce excellent results, with a proven track record
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and on a face-paced team
- Bachelor’s Degree, coding boot camp, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in an agile environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a regulated industry and/or Financial Services
- Interest in digital assets/distributed networks and how they will reshape global finance
- Automation testing frameworks (Playwright)
- Cloud networking and security
- Experience in architecting, analysis and development on any No/Low-Code development platform.
- Experience with CMS systems such as Sanity.io or Optimziely
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDb, CouchDb)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.