Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is seeking a highly capable, analytical, and proactive Associate, ETFs to support the development of Grayscale’s Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) business.
The Associate will assist Grayscale’s ETF team in all phases of the product life cycle including product strategy, ideation, listing and post launch support. This role will be on the ground floor of building an ETF issuer and will work across various internal stakeholders and external business partners including sub-advisors, market makers, compliance, sales, and custodians. The candidate will exhibit a team first attitude, be self-motivated with a strong ability and experience multitasking all while bringing a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit to the work environment.
- Support Grayscale’s ETF team to build out all aspects of the ETF business, including investments, capital markets, product strategy, operations, and marketing.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of investment strategies covered.
- Regularly review portfolios to analyze investment performance in support of portfolio managers.
- Proactively contribute to general workflow and systems/investment process enhancements.
- Influence and impact the development of a cutting edge, data driven ETF platform.
- Work with Compliance and Legal teams to ensure product development lifecycle plans are in compliance with applicable processes, procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Gather and assess market intelligence on the U.S. ETF marketplace and on key competitors. This includes industry macro trends, product trends, liquidity analysis and regulatory changes.
- Analyze and report on key ETF market metrics such as ETF flow data, trading statistics, asset trends, etc.
- Contribute to investment product development ideas and work with the ETF team towards their realization.
- Collaborate and work with a cross section of Grayscale teams, establishing strong working relationships while enhancing efficiency.
- Monitor progress against target dates and milestones, escalate issues or obstacles, and provide status updates to management.
- Help maintain Product Pipeline calendar, and prioritization and reprioritization of initiatives as needed.
- BS/BA in relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in an ETF issuer/asset manager or ETF trading
- Working knowledge of the US-registered ETF ecosystem (portfolio management, trading, market making, fund accounting, operations, settlements, etc.) strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity and understanding of multiple index methodologies a plus
- Knowledge of data sources for performance, flows and relevant competitive information a plus (Bloomberg terminal & Excel/API, Morningstar, Lipper, FactSet, eVestment)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Effective communication skills – verbal, written, presentation
- Desire to learn and grow, willingness to take on a broad set of assignments
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.