Software Developer - Forta
About the Forta Foundation
The Forta Network is the first decentralized community-based security platform to prevent or mitigate smart contract exploits as they occur. The goal of Forta is to detect threats and other system critical issues in real time. By providing users with timely and useful information about the security and stability of their systems, they have an opportunity to react and take defensive action, preventing or minimizing the losses and other issues.
The Forta Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization with the mission to steward the continued evolution of the Forta Network by facilitating the collective action of its community. The Foundation is funding this full-time role to further its mission.
What you'll be doing
As a Software Developer, you will join OpenZeppelin's team that works on Forta. Forta is an open-source decentralized project for community-based monitoring and threat intelligence. OpenZeppelin has a dedicated development team that contributes to core elements of the Forta network. You will join the team to contribute to the on-going development of Forta nodes and the Forta network, primarily developing in Golang.
In this role, you will play an essential part in building new components, communicating with our users to gather feedback, and working collaboratively with the rest of the team to make sure we solve important problems and provide a great user experience. Specifically, you will design and implement new features including writing tests and documentation, conduct code reviews, participate in community discussions to collect feedback, and define new features in order to contribute to building a great user experience. Finally, you will help ensure reliability, scalability, and security.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development.
- 2+ years of professional experience with Go and a good understanding in the fundamentals of it
- Experience with Docker.
- Strong desire to further your education about Ethereum and contribute to the blockchain space.
- Prior experience working remotely: strong personal organization skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Advanced English communication skills - all of our internal and external communication is in English.
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS services such as Cloudwatch, DynamoDB, OpenSearch, ECS, and API Gateway
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (45 minutes)
- Hiring Manager call (45 minutes)
- Team Member call (60 minutes)
- Leadership call (30 minutes)
- Paid work test (lasting up to 5 days)
- Reference checks
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
At Forta, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!