Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS (Vancouver)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
We're hiring a Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS to drive adoption of Web3 among mainstream audiences by building innovative and user-friendly mobile dApps that empower users to experience the best of Web3 in the palm of their hands. You will work with a talented team of developers and engineers to create amazing mobile experiences that will help shape the future of Web3. If you are passionate about mobile development, excited about blockchain technology, and want to be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What we'll accomplish together
- Create and refine high-performance mobile applications running on blockchain.
- Put our users first and ship features that surprise and delight.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features.
- Craft every interaction with our product to be a polished, memorable, and engaging experience.
- Evaluate technical trade-offs for every decision.
- Adopt best practices in software development and refine our workflows.
- Identify areas in our technical stack to improve, prioritize rollout with the team and contribute to the implementation.
- Build reusable components that are easy to use, maintain, and extend.
A little about you:
- You execute on defined projects to achieve team-level goals and independently define the right solutions or use existing approaches to solve defined problems.
- You understand OS, networking, kubernetes and other cloud native services and can debug system issues and identify system bottlenecks.
- You have experience working with Infrastructure as Code systems like Terraform, pulumi, or CloudFormation.
- You have experience collecting and processing metrics from tools such as Prometheus/Datadog/NewRelic and are familiar with the concepts of SLOs and SLI targets.
- You are comfortable with responding to production incidents and can fight fires with a calm and level head, leveraging post mortems to apply lessons learned.
- You have experience coding and developing applications. Bonus points for Go experience.
- You are comfortable diving into an unfamiliar system and finding your way around.
- While you believe in processes and the power of planning, you understand that you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build solid working relationships with everyone in the organization, from individual contributors to the CEO.
- You have experience building and working on deployment systems.
- You have self-awareness about your strengths and areas for development
- At Dapper Labs, we're looking for people who are passionate about what they do.
- You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description!
- $132,000 - $193,000 CAD base salary + stock options
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to make web3 experiences easy, safe and fun.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves.
Dapper Labs is the makers of the Dapper Platform - the trusted gateway to digital worlds - and the officially-licensed digital video collectibles including NBA Top Shot, NFL All Day, UFC Strike and LaLiga Golazos.
Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL and NFLPA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.