Staff DevOps Engineer
Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In six years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
As a Staff DevOps Engineer at Figure, you play a large role in designing, implementing, and extending our cloud infrastructure and engineer-centric automation. You will be a technical leader for a talented, experienced team of DevOps engineers who work closely with other cross-functional teams. This role requires a deep understanding of DevOps best practices and a strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of experience as a senior or staff DevOps engineer and/or SRE managing production-level cloud infrastructure and data stores at scale. Experience with GCP is preferred, but not required.
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes, including cluster build-outs, service mesh, Kong/API Gateway/ingress, Helm, and Kustomize.
- Demonstrable experience in Golang, including building JSON APIs/web servers and using common frameworks, such as Kubernetes client-go.
- Experience in a fast-paced development environment where “If it’s not in production, we aren’t iterating.”
- Experience automating continuous cloud deployments with tools like GitHub Actions and ArgoCD.
- Well-versed in common DevOps tools within a modern tech stack, including Vault, Terraform (or an equivalent Infrastructure as Code framework), Linux, and Postgres.
- Proficiency with independently driving a project from conceptualization to release, and building infrastructure from the ground up using code.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range for this position is $138,160 - $172,700/year with a 25% Bonus and Equity. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.