Senior Manager of SEC Reporting
Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In six short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
Figure is looking for a highly experienced and detail-oriented Senior Manager of SEC Reporting with an eye for accuracy and a passion for blockchain technology. This role will be responsible for leading our financial reporting efforts, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SEC regulations, and contributing to the overall success of our Accounting team. Ownership and pride in your work are key to being a part of a team that is changing the financial services industry. This is a great opportunity to work at a rapidly growing start up alongside some of the brightest minds and experienced leaders in the Fintech and blockchain space.
What you'll do
SEC Reporting and Compliance
- Oversee the preparation and filing of all required SEC reports, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, and other filings as required
- Ensure compliance with all SEC regulations, including XBRL tagging, in coordination with legal and external audit partners
- Manage the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements
- Assist with the preparation and review of the monthly CFO reporting packages, investor reporting, and audit committee decks
- Review and analyze financial data to identify trends, anomalies, and potential areas for improvement
Team Leadership and Development
- Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing team of accounting professionals, providing guidance and support in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and professional growth within the Accounting team
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders, including executive management, legal, investor relations, and external auditors, to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Responsible for all SOX controls for the external reporting function
- Stay up-to-date with new and emerging accounting and reporting standards, assess their impact on the company, and implement necessary changes
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the finance team and other departments as needed
- Ad hoc projects as we scale
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, active CPA license a plus
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive work experience in an accounting function, with at least 3 years in a managerial or leadership role
- Mix of industry experience and public accounting strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and financial reporting requirements
- Proficient in financial reporting tools and systems (e.g., ERP systems, XBRL software, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction and tight deadlines
- Strong people, project, and client management skills
- A flexible approach and ability to prioritize tasks with ambiguity in a high growth environment
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range for this position is $130,000 - $170,000 /year with a 25% Bonus and Equity. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.