Team Operations Manager- Servicing
Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
We are looking for a delinquency and default resolution focused, customer service oriented, roll up your sleeves type of leader who is curious about innovative blockchain technology and financial services. As the Team Operations Manager, you will learn and lead all things Figure by sitting in the heart of the action: providing leadership to the Servicing & Customer Care team and overseeing the day to day operations. Equally, you will bring your expertise in call center management in the financial sector as well as your strong regulatory knowledge to enhance our team as we grow. You will show your commitment and enthusiasm for the “best in class” customer experience Figure strives to achieve. Your collections and delinquency resolution expertise will help our team of associates navigate defaulted loans successfully while keeping delinquency rates down in a challenging financial environment. Your effective communication, problem solving, and attention to detail will drive key outcomes that achieve business initiatives, drive brand engagement, and ensure customer success. You will keep Figure accountable to its customers by leading the team in troubleshooting problems and providing solutions with knowledge and empathy.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the day to day workforce management of the Servicing & Customer Care team and focus on delivering industry leading service
- Monitor delinquency rates and your team’s contribution to account resolution; this includes ensuring excellent customer service and persuasive resolution-driven conversations occur that meet quality standards while resolving delinquency, that system documentation is reflective of their efforts and their arrangements are upheld and sound for both the customer and the company
- Resolve escalated complaints from the Servicing team and help communicate and resolve process and knowledge gaps where appropriate
- Read, analyze reporting, and make data-driven recommendations to management regarding staff and loan performance
- Provide regular data driven, coaching 1:1s to include performance feedback and call quality to the associates
- Ensure performance and disciplinary issues are addressed or escalated appropriately
- Drive a culture of diversity and inclusion within the team
- Manage product and tech escalations appropriately; drive timely resolutions
- Make process improvement recommendations for Figure’s products and services
- Participate in new hire training and programs to expand the team’s capabilities
- Promote brand recognition and loyalty by ensuring unrivaled support to our customers via phone, chat interactions, and email
What We Look For
- BA/BS from an accredited university preferred
- 5+ years in Collections/Default loan servicing or other financial services; preferably in the mortgage or HELOC space; experience in personal loan servicing is helpful, but not required
- 3+ years of proven experience leading or supervising a team in a call center environment with collections or default focus
- Experience in FCRA, FDCPA and CFPB guidelines and can immediately apply experience to new role
- Proven success in leading a team to executing against call center, delinquency roll rates and collections resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and create impact in a metrics based environment
- An experienced leader who fosters a value-based culture, with respectful interactions, behaviors and attitude
- Engaging and involved leader that can adapt to various personalities, situations with a sense of urgency
- Flexibility and adaptability to ongoing refinements in process and structure
- Confident, friendly, and compassionate communication skills
- Ability to successfully complete the required compliance training
- A positive and problem solving approach to customer service
- Process driven organizational skills
- A quick and flexible learning style with the ability to navigate new technology platform
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range for this position is $78,000 - $85,000/year with a 25% Bonus and Equity. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.