Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
Figure Technologies creates innovative consumer financial solutions for home improvement, debt consolidation, and retirement while providing financial literacy and financial empowerment. Our mission is to build and promote innovative financial products on blockchain that benefit consumers and eliminate rent-seeking, illiquidity, and other inefficiencies present in current financial markets.
At Figure, we build really big things. And to build big, we need a company in which everyone is supported in doing their absolute best work. That is what culture means to us. We are a team of incredibly smart people who love architecting and building things from scratch. We know we are working with the absolute best and are challenged by our colleagues every day. We are the kind of people who wake up curious each morning and go to bed each night wanting to accomplish more.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Accountant Intern to join our growing team! You will support the finance team with routine accounting operations and assist with the completion of the annual financial statement audit. This internship will provide you with valuable first hand experience with the real life data supporting the journal entries and bringing the financial statements you study in class to life.
What You’ll Do
- Obtain exposure to day to day accounting operations that support the entire business ranging from processing of accounts payable, recording journal entries and preparation of financial statements
- Interact with auditors to understand audit processes and requests, supplementing coursework learning with relevant tasks
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for accounting processes to support internal controls
- Participate in meetings with the finance team to understand internal management budgeting and forecasting process
What We Look For
- Declared major in Accounting, with completion of at least 1 intermediate accounting course
- Ability to work in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Analytical mindset and demonstrate ability to apply accounting concepts to assigned tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid experiences demonstrating initiative and ownership in assigned tasks
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.