Senior DevOps Engineer
Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
Figure is excited to be growing our business and creating new teams. We are looking for curious, innovative and collaborative team members. Engineering is at the heart of the action, building out our blockchain protocol and direct to consumer products that will transform the financial services industry. Everything is from scratch development and every engineer has a big impact on the team and the growth of the company.
A successful member of the Figure engineering team embraces formidable goals and excels at delivering solutions in a responsive and communicative fashion. We use Kubernetes making security, scalability, and change management of the utmost importance. To deliver solutions, infrastructure as code is a necessity, and Terraform provides IaC for our foundation of instances, databases, and networks.
What You’ll Do
- Adhere to iterative principles driving production of innovative tech solutions in a team environment
- Originate, champion and execute on new ideas for projects
- Collaborate with project leads and and other software engineers across multiple teams and projects
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree with a Computer Science major preferred
- Proficiency managing cloud data centers and provisioning cloud data stores and maintenance of production data at scale
- Proficiency in managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Helm or Kustomize
- Familiarity with the following: Redis, Postgres, GitHub Actions Kong/Nginx, JWT
- Experience writing applications in Golang
- Familiarity with Terraform or another equivalent IaC framework.
- Experience in a fast paced development environment
- Ability to drive a project from concept to release and implement infrastructure from the ground up with infrastructure as code.
- Previous experience managing infrastructure within an enterprise data center or cloud based data center
- Proficiency in securing data using cryptographic best practices and securing enterprise networks
- Ability to thrive in a start up environment with maximum autonomy
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range is $119,680 - 149,600 with a 25% Bonus and Equity. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will NOT sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.