Product Marketing Lead
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Flow is a layer one blockchain designed from the ground up as a platform for a new generation of Web 3 apps, games, and the digital assets that power them. Flow is home today to millions of users and apps from top tier creators including Genies, Cryptoys, Doodles, and Dapper Labs (NBA, NFL, Disney) as well as industry leaders such as Mattel (Barbie, Hot Wheels), LiveNation / Ticketmaster, and many more. 2024 will be Flow’s biggest year yet in terms of technical maturity and product readiness.
Flow is looking for a storyteller! We’re looking for a creative, dynamic results-oriented marketer to lead our Product Marketing. This will be different than your current/last marketing role. We’re looking for a “jill / jack-of-all-trades” for everything related to marketing leading and executing across - Product Messaging, Dev Advocacy, Community & Content Marketing. We need someone who can come up with new tactics and bold strategies that are exciting and engaging. To be successful in this role, you should ask yourself:
- Can you translate and breakdown complex technical concepts into engaging easy to understand experiences that can create virality on social media?
- Can you develop a cross-platform, multi-media strategy to drive an entire community, reaching people where they are?
- Can your marketing campaign start a movement based on data?
- Do you want to embrace the frontier of doing things that no one has tried before and experiment with bold strategies?
- Do you get excited about going deep on several verticals and topics, while also working broadly across messaging and positioning of the organization?
Basically, if you are excited about Web3 complexity, and passionate about onboarding the next billion users, let’s chat!
You will be responsible for the following:
Strategic planning: You will set the strategic marketing vision for Flow from the lens of the developer platform and do so in a way that resonates in the industry as innovative, daring, and at times, radical. You will need to create new programs that position Flow as well as the web3 broader ecosystem around thought leadership, content and evangelism.
Ecosystem projects: You’ll spend a considerable amount of time supporting the launches, announcements, and key developments of teams building on Flow. The success of Flow is tied to successful partners building dapps or ecosystem tooling which need compelling industry-moving stories. You’ll need to lead diverse teams internally and externally to create content that can appeal to different audiences - developers, thought leaders & investors.
Events and Conferences: You will be the DRI for our event and conference strategy. Recognizing the right opportunities and moments for Flow in the wider context of Web3.
Community-led marketing: You recognize that bloodline for Web3 is being community-led. You will need to create marketing campaigns that will foster Web3 community building via Twitter, Discord, & Telegram. Identifying subject matter experts across the organization and ecosystem collaborating to create digital content across multiple mediums.
A little bit about you:
• Active and engaged in web3 ecosystem (e.g. have written content, operated podcasts, organized events, led DAOs, or something else related to web3)
• Comfortable getting into technical topics and whipping out stories that can inspire the broader community
• Comfortable being an individual contributor as well as a manager/strategist
• You know how to foster and grow a community via social channels
• Experience in social media, brand marketing, experiential marketing, and in fostering digital communities
• You can craft compelling copy: blog content, FAQ entries, social copy, and website copy - Flow is a story that needs a good storyteller
• A collaborative, and dynamic mindset with a drive to build in a startup environment
• You’re eager to wrangle ambiguity in a growing startup and are comfortable driving projects from planning to completion
• Proven track record of developing content for both digital and IRL environments
Flow is a remote-first team of seasoned technologists dedicated to our mission of mainstream Web 3 adoption. Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Flow’s team is now spread primarily across the US and Canada – with small presences in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Less than 6 months from now, Flow delivers Crescendo, its biggest technical upgrade since launching the network. Included in the Crescendo release is Cadence 1.0, a major upgrade of the Cadence programming language which enables fully immutable smart contracts on Flow; as well as full EVM equivalence, allowing Flow to host EVM-based smart contracts, platforms, tooling, and utilities natively and fully composable with the Cadence environments. With Crescendo, Flow will be as easy to deploy onto as any EVM-based Layer 2, while preserving the full capabilities of the rest of the protocol. Crescendo upgrade will catalyze a massive improvement in liquidity on Flow including on- and off-ramps as well as a native DeFi ecosystem that serves as a liquidity backbone for the entire network.