Senior Backend Software Engineer Custody (Remote US)
Cheyenne, WY, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2022
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide a responsive, online interface to tech-savvy customers. Custodia is already a chartered bank and is building digital asset products alongside its US dollar payment offering, including custody and settlement services. The Custodia team is comprised of all-stars with deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services.
If you expect more from existing banks, join our team and help build a better one, from the ground up. We are currently looking for a passionate and dynamic individual to join our organization as a Senior Backend Software Engineer.
We are looking for a well-rounded engineer who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace continuous learning and challenges. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and be ready to jump in on Day One.
About Your Role:
- Design and implement software for the Python/Go backend.
- Help migrate Python backend code to Golang.
- Write secure backend code to custody blockchain assets.
- Write reusable, testable, idiomatic, principled code.
- Read and write existing code and technical documentation.
- Quick and efficient debugging capabilities.
- Perform regular code review.
- Collaborate with team to drive clarity and development of rapid product evolution.
- An advocate for more efficient, high-value, and high quality code delivery.
- Ability to grow less-experienced peers into formidable colleagues through pairing, code reviews, and empathetic coaching.
- Substantial experience with Python and/or Go
- Desire to work full time in Golang, post-migration
- Experience building multiple products (particularly backend web applications) with many/complex features.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills as a team player.
- Experience with protobuf/GRPC is desirable.
- Experience and interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote
- Competitive Equity Package
- Amazing Growth Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Salary Range: Up to 170,000 DOE
Custodia embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.