Senior Product Marketing Manager, Coinbase Wallet
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving customers in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
One of those products is Coinbase Wallet, our self-custody crypto wallet that lets users unlock Web3 and the world of crypto. Coinbase Wallet is your key to accessing dapps, earning interest with Decentralized Finance (DeFi), collecting non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and connecting with onchain-native communities. We’re on a mission to not only make the best self-custody wallet for the crypto community, but to also make self-custody wallets more user friendly and accessible for those who are yet to experience the wider world of crypto beyond an exchange like Coinbase.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop and implement a large segment of Coinbase Wallet’s consumer marketing strategy
- Be the voice of the customer and trusted advisor as to how current and future Coinbase Wallet user needs and desires inform the product roadmap as well as messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and external communications
- Carry out multiple aspects of the product marketing lifecycle; from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and segmentation strategy, education and engagement campaigns, and ecosystem partnerships
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, engineering, brand, communications and customer support to launch new products and features
- Think big about the future of web3 and the world of crypto that a self-custody wallet unlocks
- Measure and report against the performance of product marketing initiatives
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 5-8 years of Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, or Product Management experience within a B2C context
- Real passion for crypto, web3, dapps, and decentralized experiences
- Ability to stretch up and down the responsibility ladder with a passion for getting things done, whether it’s a big creative strategy project or finessing copy for a blog post
- Experience crafting & implementing consumer segmentation based on product insights, customer demographics, attitudes, and behaviors
- Demonstrated track record of crafting customer-oriented campaigns to steer new customer acquisition, deepen engagement, and solidify retention
- Experience successfully launching products within a consumer tech context, including but not limited to Crypto, eCommerce, FinTech, Consumer Internet, Retail, or Video Games
- Sophisticated quantitative and deductive skills. Ability to distinguish between the signal and the noise and make data-guided decisions.
- Outstanding understanding of email marketing and social platforms. Experience crafting compelling consumer content strategies would be highly valued.
- Outstanding prioritization and project management skills
- Powerful storyteller: written, verbal, and visual
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple cross-functional teams
- Self-starter and ability to build programs from scratch: be ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
Nice to haves:
- You have a self-custody wallet and use it with dapps and crypto experiences like NFTs, Decentralized Finance (DeFi) protocols, or are a member of a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO)
- You have experience working on a global product
Job #: P54404
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.