VP, Product Marketing and Strategy
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Product Marketing and Strategy leader to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to drive GTM initiatives for Circle products and services. GTM focus areas include: pricing, packaging, positioning (including competitive analysis), product launches, global product-market fit analysis, and so on. Circle products and services encompass consumer, developer and enterprise offerings and therefore can be thought of as an ecosystem. As a key strategic leader reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO), you will work with key constituents, especially the Business and Marketing teams, to drive GTM execution and growth outcomes for our various ecosystem initiatives. Working closely with the Business team, you will interface with key prospects, customers and partners to gauge their needs and assess product-market fit as Circle brings products to market and grows them. Your primary internal partners will include the Business and Marketing teams who, respectively, lead the execution of building distribution and awareness/demand for our products. You will lead a team of Product Marketing Managers, Growth Managers, and Strategy leads. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex program areas and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence. The ideal candidate has extensive experience with GTM execution and demonstrated agility to adapt to an ever-changing landscape.
What you'll work on:
- Leading conversations with existing and potential members of our ecosystem in order to identify evolving pain points, needs, and wants.
- Working collaboratively with key constituents, including Business and Marketing to drive the GTM plan for all our products and services while working with XFN teams to put it in motion.
- Work with in-market business teams, to define country-specific plans to grow our ecosystem.
- Work with the Developer Marketing to build out our developer programs to help grow our developer base.
- Work with product strategy leads on market intelligence initiatives to sharpen ‘where to play’ and ‘how to win’ decisions
- Acting as a representative of Circle’s ecosystem thought leadership and perspective with external stakeholders such as partners, regulators, policy makers and the media.
- Recruiting, managing and developing a team of Product Marketing Managers, and Strategy Leads.
- Partnering cross-functionally with multiple teams in the company to drive and execute on GTM and growth strategies, particularly in how products are brought to market alongside legal, compliance, business, marketing and operations teams.
- Establishing product goals, metrics and KPIs.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of progressively increasing product marketing and strategy experience in consumer, developer and enterprise focused companies
- 7+ years in executive, managerial or people leadership capacities, or equivalent entrepreneurship roles.
- 3+ years of experience working on international growth for products and services
- 3+ years of experience working on developer initiatives
- Ability to lead, influence, and motivate individuals and teams. Skilled in holding people accountable and establishing high standards of excellence.
- Strong communicator, with the ability to work positively and collaboratively with both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Very high standards, superior attention to detail, and a drive for continuous improvement, while also being able to ship products fast and iteratively.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, incredible resilience, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $270,000 - $310,000
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.