Senior Manager Copywriter
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Working directly with our designers, channel owners, product marketing team, and marketing leads, you’ll concept, write, and edit a range of content so it shares a clear, concise, and consistent voice across all channels. We’re looking for a content, performance and brand advocate who can think conceptually, write creatively, question strategically, and optimize continuously.
What you'll work on:
- Developing short-form content on Circle’s website as well as blog and aligning in-product copy and Circle corporate comms into the brand voice as needed.
- Using key messaging frameworks provided by our brand strategy and product marketing teams, you’ll pull out value propositions and translate messaging into copy, always optimizing for clarity and engagement.
- Contributing to and evolving our writing style guide, building segment- and geo-specific rules, and identifying gaps in our existing messaging to suggest ways to strengthen our brand voice.
- Tapping your love for storytelling to develop engaging content hierarchy and information architecture in all our design work.
- Collaborating with creative directors, designers, and marketing leads on fresh creative strategies on campaigns, collateral, web, etc.
- Producing engaging, actionable, testable customer emails with eyeball-grabbing subject lines.
- Developing promotional, multi-channel campaign copy that performs — for landing pages, social media, paid media, branded events, video, and more.
- Leading the ongoing development of a writing style guide you help to evolve and champion.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of creative copywriting experience, preferably in a fast-paced, results-driven, creative marketing setting.
- While you may have never worked in-house or for a startup, you are totally obsessed with words and their power.
- You can talk to C-suite, large institutional investors, developers, policy makers, and total crypto geeks (and if you can’t do this today, that’s ok, we know you’ll dig deep to be able to do this tomorrow).
- You can gather and synthesize inputs quickly, delivering and iterating on copy to meet go-live timelines.
- A passion for or knowledge of the crypto space paired with a proactive eagerness to understand our customers, interview internal stakeholders, and learn on the fly.
- Experience working with legal and compliance teams to develop approved terms and phrases, push to find alignment on rationale and nuance, and write brand copy that follows and maintains this guidance consistently.
- Comfortable writing for multiple projects on varying deadlines, working with cross-functional leads for course correction and buy-in.
- Participator in strategic kickoffs and creative reviews; experience working with agile teams, including quick adaptation and iteration.
- Strong communicator who can express ideas clearly — not just on the page (or screen) — but also in presentations and brainstorm sessions.
- Experience collaborating with external creative agencies and freelancers.
- Proactive fearlessness in the face of ambiguity.
- Eagle eyes and problem-solving brain.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and MacOS preferred.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $160,000 - $207,500
Annual Bonus Target: 17.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.