Senior Software Engineer, Blockchain
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Blockchain Engineer to join our dynamic team at Circle. As a Blockchain Engineer, you will play a critical role in connecting various blockchains to our wallet infrastructure and maintaining the underlying code. Your expertise will be instrumental in bridging the gap between our service and blockchain nodes, enabling seamless interaction between the two.
What you'll work on:
- Evaluate new blockchain technologies and their capabilities.
- Develop and validate cryptographic implementations.
- Build highly performant code that is clean, simple, maintainable, and battle-tested with test-driven development (TDD) for maximum test coverage.
- Drive continuous improvement in the tech stack.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proven experience in Golang and related technologies
- Expertise with cryptography, blockchain technologies, and the underlying fundamentals and mathematics.
- Technical understanding of blockchain technologies including but not limited to BIPs, UTXO, EVM, Nakamoto Consensus, and cryptography.
- Willingness to pick up new and emerging ground-breaking blockchain technologies
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas, and present concepts optimally.
- Extensive knowledge of secure cryptosystem operating practices is required.
We also prefer but don’t require:
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in cryptography, computer science, mathematics, or related fields is strongly preferred.
- Experience participating or maintaining in open-source software development is highly preferred.
- Experience with writing smart contracts would be a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.