Senior Back-End Engineer - Internal systems
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are revolutionizing the way people interact with cryptocurrencies and are seeking talented Junior, Mid or Senior Back-End Engineers to join our Internal Systems team, focusing in our Onboarding, KYC and Compliance systems.
The ideal candidates have strong knowledge of distributed systems design, are proficient in coding on the JVM (one of Java, Kotlin, Scala), understand the importance of scalability and reliability and are looking to be part of cutting-edge projects in a fast-paced environment.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, shipping and monitoring. We are looking for software engineers who care about the customers, software excellence, are advocates of best practices and love learning new skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be joining the high performing activation team with a particular focus on our onboarding and compliance systems (currently 9 people)
- You will work on solving a wide variety of problems and systems across a variety of missions and projects such as: re-build of our Global geo-configuration systems, KYC vendors integration, Compliance process automation
- Be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency ecosystem building out new distributed software to handle our rapidly growing user base of 75M+ wallets to reach 1B+ customers
- Advocate best practices, code quality, test coverage and drive technical discussions
- Build scalable services with Kotlin, and deal with problems like synchronization, asynchronous operations, database optimisations, scalability and reliability of systems
- Gain exposure to an array of technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker etc
- Optimise existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do, employing advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to continually deliver the highest quality software to our users
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- You have at least 5 years of experience in any JVM based languages (such as Java, Kotlin, Scala) and are confident in your ability to build, debug and ship microservices
- You can work autonomously
- You know at least one programming language in depth
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant, production ready distributed backend systems
- You actively participate in creating product and software specifications before implementing them
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring
- You inspire other engineers to do better
- Understanding of data structures, databases and large-scale distributed systems
- Preferably exposure to technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- You are customer focused and continuously suggest how the backend can provide the best Customer Experience
- A passion for crypto and the transformations it enables
- We use Kotlin, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, Datadog, Amplitude, Grafana, BigQuery, ApacheSpark and more
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Full-time salary based on experience paid in USD and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Hybrid model: work from home & go to our awesome office location in Palermo, Buenos Aires
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Apple equipment
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Flexible work culture
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.