Corporate Secretary (Legal)
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an exceptional person with a passion for navigating the complexities of corporate governance in the fast-paced world of cryptocurrency. We are looking for a detail-oriented and proactive Corporate Secretary to join our legal team at Blockchain.com, reporting to the Head of Legal for Rest of World (ROW). In this role, you will be at the forefront of ensuring corporate governance compliance, facilitating effective communication, and maintaining impeccable records critical to the success of our company in the dynamic crypto industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
1. Corporate Governance:
- Spearhead the planning and execution of board meetings, committee meetings, and general meetings, (including preparation of agendas) and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to assist in the preparation of periodical reports to the board of directors of each of the Group entities and committees.
- Provide support to the Head of Legal (ROW) to develop and manage a comprehensive corporate governance framework across various jurisdictions, keeping abreast of industry best practices and implementing necessary updates.
2. Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay ahead of evolving regulatory landscapes within the cryptocurrency space, ensuring the company's adherence to all relevant laws and regulations.
- Collaborate closely with Head of Legal (ROW) to conduct regular reviews of corporate governance policies and procedures.
3. Record Keeping and Documentation:
- Establish and maintain a robust system for accurate and up-to-date corporate records, including board minutes, resolutions, powers of attorney, and legal documents.
- Oversee the organization and safeguarding of corporate documents, ensuring accessibility and confidentiality.
- Assist the General Counsel as liaison between the executive management, and external stakeholders, facilitating transparent and effective communication.
- Assist in the preparation of shareholder communications, reports, and other corporate publications.
5. Corporate Secretarial Support:
- Provide comprehensive support to the executive team on matters related to corporate governance.
- Collaborate with external service providers, such as legal and audit firms, to ensure seamless operations.
6. Risk Management:
- Provide support to the Enterprise Risk Committee on risk assessments related to corporate governance, implementing proactive measures to mitigate identified risks.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- University degree in Law. Post graduate studies and certifications are a bonus.
- 5+ years of experience as a corporate secretary and/or as a corporate law specialist; experience in the cryptocurrency or financial industry is a bonus.
- Knowledge of corporate governance principles, legal regulations, and corporate compliance requirements.
- Exceptional organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to navigate cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and cryptocurrency regulations is a significant advantage.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients and stakeholders.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks relating to corporate governance and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
- Fluent in English language (oral and written).
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Awesome office location in the heart of Buenos Aires
- PTO and national holidays paid
- Apple equipment
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field \
Blockchain.com is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.