Compliance Officer and MLRO (Denmark)
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
As Compliance Officer and MLRO for Blockchain.com (Denmark) ApS, you will oversee and execute the compliance efforts for our EMI operations in Denmark. Working closely with the Managing Director and the Head of Compliance, you will be responsible for ensuring that Blockchain.com (Denmark) ApS complies with all regulatory requirements related to the application and operation under Danish EMI regulations, and help to develop the policy framework that will guide the organization. You will work closely with the Danish board to ensure timely milestones are being achieved for the launch of our operations in 2024. You will also be responsible for all activities related to the role of Money Laundering Reporting Officer keeping Blockchain.com (Denmark) ApS in compliance with local regulations.
- Ensure our EMI is compliant with local data protection laws
- Prepare and present regular reports on compliance risk management activities for the senior management and board of directors.
- Ensure compliance with all local AML, CTF and KYC laws
- Develop and maintain AML/CTF policies and procedures.
- Provide AML/CTF compliance advice to the management and board of directors.
- Participate in new product and service development to assess AML/CTF implications.
- Work closely with with the global Compliance Function in areas as onboarding, PeP and Sanction Screening as well as transaction monitoring and SAR filing
- Work on global compliance related projects in e-money and crypto
- Compliance Oversight: Overseeing the institution’s compliance with Danish and EU AML/CTF regulations, especially those pertaining to e-money and crypto assets. This includes understanding and interpreting relevant laws and guidelines, such as the EU and Danish regulatory framework for e-money and crypto-assets.
- Policy Development and Implementation: Developing, implementing, and maintaining internal AML/CTF policies and procedures. This involves creating a framework that is in line with the latest regulatory developments in the sector.
- Risk Assessment and Management: Conducting regular risk assessments to identify potential AML/CTF risks associated with the institution’s e-money-related activities. This includes evaluating customer profiles, transaction patterns, and the types of services offered.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Establishing and maintaining systems for monitoring transactions for suspicious activities. The MLRO must report any suspicious transactions to the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority (DFSA) or relevant authorities.
- Training and Awareness: Ensuring staff members are trained and aware of their AML/CTF obligations. This includes regular updates on new regulations and trends in money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Record Keeping: Maintaining accurate records of AML/CTF checks, training, and reporting for audit and regulatory purposes.
- Stakeholder Liaison: Acting as the main point of contact with regulatory bodies, auditors, and law enforcement agencies regarding AML/CTF matters.
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly reviewing and updating AML/CTF processes to ensure effectiveness and compliance with changing regulations and best practices in the payment/e-money industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Finance, or related field; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in AML/CTF and compliance
- At least 2 years working in the FinTech or payment services industry.
- Experience building DK compliance programs from the ground up
- Experience managing and scaling a team
- Extensive experience dealing with and presenting to regulators, auditors and bank partners
- In-depth understanding of EU AML/CTF regulations, as well as broader regulations affecting a local compliance program.
- Interest and experiences in crypto currency and regulation
- Excellent communication skills in Danish and English, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- This role is based in Denmark (Copenhagen)
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive full time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Performance based bonuses
- Unlimited paid time off policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Bi-yearly performance reviews and regular 1:1 sessions for professional development
- Flexible work culture
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.