Senior Product Manager - Emerging Markets/Nigeria
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an experienced and growth minded Product Manager to lead our market expansion in emerging crypto markets starting with Nigeria. This is a unique, once in a career, opportunity to deliver mass-market financial products & services on a global scale focussed on the most important aspect of our business: expanding and delivering an amazing experience to all crypto customers Globally. We are looking for someone who has experience in - and understands the intricacies of - delivering high quality and innovative internet-scale consumer products, across multiple work streams, with practical knowledge and network of the Nigerian crypto/fintech market.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be the owner of our Nigerian expansion, and will influence go-to-market strategy as well as roll out of product expansion in one of the largest crypto markets in the world
- Work on defining and optimizing and localizing the flow to make our user base grow
- Define key use cases and figure out the best plan to succeed in Nigeria as well as other emerging markets
- Selecting and owning relationships with Payments partners to improve the payments experience and use case in Nigeria
- Work closely with Data Science, Marketing, Compliance and Legal to make sure we onboard users securely
- Work in collaboration with the engineers, designers and business leaders to design, develop and deliver crypto products.
- Lead impactful product launches by coordinating between teams, communicating requirements, managing timelines, uncovering and unblocking critical dependencies.
- Use and manipulate data effectively to measure, analyze and optimize the success of the products you develop.
- Combine data driven insights with product vision & strategy to design new features and improvements to maximize impact and growth.
- Solve problems and simplify complex issues by drilling into details and the technical aspects of our systems and processes to deliver targeted solutions.
- Understand our customers using quantitative and qualitative methods. Harness this information to build and enhance products and features that serve their needs.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Practical knowledge of the Nigerian crypto and payments market is a must
- Ideally PM experience on payments in Nigeria or other African markets
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a growth PM activating customers ideally for a consumer-facing fintech or financial services company
- Experience bringing a product from 0 to 1
- A growth mindset with obsession for data and an converting users
- Experience in large-scale, consumer facing web/mobile products and applications.
- A proven track record of shipping products in a technical environment and working with developers and designers on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong technical skills and experience with analytics platforms and using data to make informed product decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to write thorough feature requirement documents and work with stakeholders and upper management.
- Experience of compiling and executing implementation timelines and project roadmaps.
- A background in engineering or computer science is a plus, but not essential.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Hybrid model working from home & awesome office location in the heart of Paris
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Apple equipment
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Flexible work culture
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.